How to wire a Triflupic / Tri-flupic in parallel for SSC P7 Led

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All!

I was looking for a good picture that shows how to wire a Triflupic / Tri-flupic in parallel to run a P7 Led, so far no luck using the search fuction, the only picture available was from Darkzero but is not that specific. Why don't people take pictures?

Can someone help me identify what wire goes where? I will update the picture once I get the instructions for the benefit of future users.

Edit: This is where to solder the wires, the "+" Go to the positive side of the led, the "-" go to the negative side of the led and battery negative too!

triflupicwirediagram.jpg

Also can someone tell me which of the components get hot and need to be heatsinked?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely
AlexGT

lovecpf

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help wire a Triflupic / Tri-flupic in parallel for SSC P7 Led

Thanks Olrac!, But I noticed that Darkzero did not use the "led 1" and soldered to a corner of one of the chips, whats up with that? If you have yours working already can you tell me which chip gets hot?

AlexGT

collector

Newly Enlightened

Nice....
I don't know this driver, can someone post the specs-page for me ?
Thanks !!

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Olrac!, But I noticed that Darkzero did not use the "led 1" and soldered to a corner of one of the chips, whats up with that? If you have yours working already can you tell me which chip gets hot?

AlexGT

He did that because of space limitations of the light it was going into (Arc LS). Mine is working and I have not tested to see what chip gets hot. You can try to PM Darkzero and ask him.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Carl is correct. As I posted in his thread, I only wired it that way cause I had very little room to work with to make this for my P7 Arc LS. It's not common practice here but I always post pics of the internals on my mods as I like to share those things. Unfortunately I haven't done any other Tri-FLuPIC mods running in parallel so I don't have any pics I can share.

Basically all you need to do is wire the three LEDpositive connections together into one & you only need to wire up one connection for LED ground since they are all connected. On the FLuPIC LED ground is also battery ground. It's the same electrical path as the weay I did it & functions the same.

The componnets that get hot would be the 6 LDO regulators (2 per channel). Those are the ones I would heatsink if that is what you are looking to do. These LDO regulators have built in thermal protection so there's really no worry of damage to them other than reverse polarity. When the protection kicks in you will see the LED start to flash. With multiple regulators you will see the LED flash quicker & quicker as the other regulators have the protection kick in. It's very rare & unlikely that they would ever get to this point though. I've had the protection kick in once but only cause the intense heat from a P7 got to them during a stress test.

If you need more help on how to wire it, PM me. I'm always happy to help.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks so much for your help, I was able to wire it and it's working fine now.

I love it!

AlexGT