Contemplating to buy iTP C7

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about buying the iTP C7R (this is the 1xAA, regular version). As other posters have mentioned, why isn't iTP that popular with CPF members?

The flashlight design, esthetically, is nice except for the tail cap (it is a bit too pointy I think, that is minor). I plan on running Eneloop or Duraloop on it. Having the option to buy CR123 body is nice (have my first CR123 light, Romisen RC-F4 Q5, inbound). The review by Selfbuilt was on this light was favorable. I really like the intuitive UI. The price seems reasonable. So, why isn't there more interest on this light? Is there something I need to know before I pull the trigger?

Anyone owning this light please share his/her experiences...

Thanks in advance...:candle:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like iTP, my C6T is nice. Good customer service.

I think selfbuilt has a few iTP lights and includes them in his roundup reviews. So, if you like how they stand up in the review and like how it looks, you should try them out. :)

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
I like iTP, my C6T is nice. Good customer service.

I think selfbuilt has a few iTP lights and includes them in his roundup reviews. So, if you like how they stand up in the review and like how it looks, you should try them out. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Divine. I am trying to be careful this time around. My most expensive light is the ET P10A2. I read alot of good reviews and recommendations before I bought it, but I found out late that lense mount was poorly engineered where the lense has a good chance of shattering if the light was dropped. My P10A2 is from the defective batches.

I just don't wish to be burned again by a different manufacturer.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the iTp -C8 tactical (2 AA version of what you are looking at) and I really like it! It ramps the brightness settings MUCH better than the Nitecore D20 and D10 and is not as flakey as those lights. I almost did not buy it because it had the ramping feature, and I also own the Nitecores, but it was done right on the iTP!! It is also bright, well built, and does not look like other lights which is an accomplishment in itself!!:thumbsup: Can not comment on reliablilty since I have only had it a few weeks, but so far, so good!

Mike

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
just curious. can you adjust the light output easily with one hand or do you need two?

-this is one of the questions i have of this light.

and also the thing i think that might be reason why its not as "liked" here. need to use 2 hands to adjust it when nitecore d10 needs just pressing the button.

maxilux

Enlightened
just curious. can you adjust the light output easily with one hand or do you need two?

and also the thing i think that might be reason why its not as "liked" here. need to use 2 hands to adjust it when nitecore d10 needs just pressing the button.

Yes, you can do it with one hand, when you try some times it goes.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast

This light to me does need two hands to adjust the brightness. I can do it with one hand if I hold it underhanded. However, so far, this iTP C8 has never failed to adjust when I turn the head. You turn it clockwise until it gets to where you want it, then turn it back to lock. With my D10 and D20, I dont always get them to adjust unless I hit the switch a few times.

Mike

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think now I am leaning towards the iTP C7T (tactical) because I read somewhere that the strobing mode can be easily activated unintentionally which can be annoying. Being tactical, the light won't be able to tail stand without assistance which is a bummer.

Decisions...decisions...:confused:

FBsLights

Newly Enlightened
I have an iTP C7T and also bought the iTP C8T body so that I can make it a 1AA or 2AA light. It is definitely brighter as a 2AA light. I have used it around the house and prefer the 2AA since size isn't and issue and I get a brighter light with more runtime this way.

Overall, I like the light. I am new to these high end flashlights so I haven't tested many other lights. The UI is simple and works. I do need two hands to adjust it but that hasn't been a problem.

I wish they made a C9T. I could just buy the body and use the same head I alreay have! This would make a great EDC. Shorter than the C7T with the brightness of the C8T.

I'm hoping that iTP makes a P7 or MC-E based light with the same interface so I can get a brighter version.

FB

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
FB,

I too was looking for a C9T body. Don't know why iTP doesn't offer it. Now, I may go the route of a C10T and C7 body tube. I think that will work. But the more I look the more I want to buy, like adding the C8 body tube....Grrr

This is a recession. I shouldn't be spending money like this :whistle:

Last edited:

ss3

Newly Enlightened
I have a iTP C7,I like this little light,it's really value for money.:whistle: