Fenix LD10 - its a new light, got problems

Barrie

Enlightened
Just got my new Fenix LD10 disapointed that when battery supplied did not work, but thought it was probably dead battery,sinceI have now tried several batteries including rechargeables and it is a hit or a miss if it works or not, have to play around with tail cap switch to get anything to happen, have shorted out battery + - against bare part of the body, tail cap obviously off and it works, so it look like tail cap switch is the problem.

Is there any fix for this? Don't want to return it if there is something simple I can do to rectify this fault also when it was working the light was very dim and had green tint, compared to my fenix LD0 and TK10.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Re: Fenix LD 10- its a new light got problems

Tighten the retaining ring, and check continuity through the tailcap.

Barrie

Enlightened
thanks for the suggestions cleaned contacts and threads with cleaning alcohol no improvement don't have the tweezers like tool to get tail cap out but using 2 smell screwdrivers got it to tighten a little and it is working:thumbsup: where do i get the tool to remove the tail-cap from once again thanks Barrie

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
I've been having problems with my LD10 too. It started with flickering. Now I have flickering and worse, it only comes on if it wants to. I click the tailcap, nothing, then a few seconds later after I set it down, it comes on! It's developed a mind of it's own it seems. I really disappointed as this is the most expensive light I've bought after just getting into flashlights a couple months ago. I contacted my vendor and haven't heard anything, but it has only been two business days. I'm going to try and be patient, but I'm pretty upset.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I've been having problems with my LD10 too. It started with flickering. Now I have flickering and worse, it only comes on if it wants to. I click the tailcap, nothing, then a few seconds later after I set it down, it comes on! It's developed a mind of it's own it seems. I really disappointed as this is the most expensive light I've bought after just getting into flashlights a couple months ago. I contacted my vendor and haven't heard anything, but it has only been two business days. I'm going to try and be patient, but I'm pretty upset.

Have you given it the recommended maintenence?? Cleaning the contacts, tighten retaining ring, etc.

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
All I did was alcohol swab the contacts. I'll try to do the other maintenance in a bit.

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
I experienced the same thing only two days after receiving my LD10 from 4sevens. I attempted to tighten the retaining ring, but it was stuck and stuck. I contacted 4sevens and within two days I received an RMA and was able to send it back. Waiting on my repaired or replaced unit now, but its only been two days since I mailed it out, so it will probably be 2 more weeks :( In my research I didn't see any reference to this issue, so maybe it is a new defect. I was happy with the light while it worked though.

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
Got a call from 4Sevens today. The tailswitch was faulty, they have replaced it and sent it on its way. Talk about fast service!!! I'm happy...course I'll be happier when I have it in my hands!

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've exactly the same thing happen to me. It's the driver engine failure. In my case, the TC did not fix it, nor did cleaning it. It flickers in some pattern like it's sending Morse code. You will go through the disposable lites about 1 / year.

No more Fenix, or any of its clones for me.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am waiting for EagleTac to completely debug its 2AA model... maybe upgrade the bin. The reviews look very promising, the brightest 2AA you can find, period.

For now I am using a FiveMega 3xAA body with Surefire bezel and a Malkoff M30 module.

I am happy, it's very well built and totally idiot proof (aside from polarity protection). One mode, on or off.

It's not cheap, about $120? I like it.

I also modded a Minimag 2AA with a SMJLED module. Insane runtime, "ok" brightness.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I click the tailcap, nothing, then a few seconds later after I set it down, it comes on! It's developed a mind of it's own it seems..

i'm getting the same clicking on problem. randomly i click and it doesn't turn on. i twist the head, half clicks, nothing. when i click off and on, it turns on.
cleaned what i can. the tail is sealed, it doesnt want to unscrew and i'm not going to break it.

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened
Never had a problem with my LD10 in the two month I has owned it. I have it on me every day and it never failed me yet. So some of you a just pure unlucky I think :shrug:

prof

Enlightened
I had intermittent issues the second day of ownership--discovered the cell was low. New cell, no problems. Still flickers a bit sometimes, usually right after I turn it on, but then it settles down. It's almost like the battery cannot supply enough power on the higher settings until it's warmed up. I have no flickering on low--ever.

(Using an energizer rechargeable right now--first problem occurred on an alkaline).

Hopefully no more issues. Flickering is weird but settles down--I really do think it's just the battery...Hope, anyway!

prof

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
My vendor has contacted me and said the problem cannot be reproduced on the light I sent back, after 15 minutes of troubleshooting. I pointed them to this thread. Any recommendations on troubleshooting tips to have them do before they return it as functioning correctly?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
well when it happens to me the only way to turn it on is to turn it off again and then on. so i'm thinking it's mechanically and not the driver.
I tested with 2 separate brands of full charged 1aa nimh.

CuNim

Newly Enlightened
Same flickering problem for me with my 2 week old L1D.

Last night it finally gave up completely and just came on at random, in random modes etc and with constant flickering. Changing battery and cleaning inside tailcap etc didn't make any difference. I'm sending it back tomorrow for a replacement.