• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Ti EX10 body Carved and Anodized *SOLD*

Pontiaker

Enlightened
:::::This one is SOLD, thanks Igor!:::::Just got done doing this one, its one of Russtangs Ti EX10 bodies that I ground the knurling off then added texture to the body and head. I then did some carving on the body along with some mottled gold and blue ano to bring out the carving. Price is $250 NOW $225! for the body and if you need a EX10 add $50 for a complete stock EX10 new light in the box. The body also comes with both bezels.Let me know if you have any queestions, first I'll take it and Paypal to [email protected] gets it.
Thanks!
Matt

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Re: Ti EX10 body Carved and Anodized

Thanks! Also wanted to throw out I will take lights in trade!
Thanks
Matt

collector

Newly Enlightened

This is insane... Really cool !

Tell you what, I'll trade you my Ti EX10 and you'll be fresh off to a new start, hehehe

btw, how do you do the anno ? Pics ?

Pontiaker

Enlightened

This is insane... Really cool !

Tell you what, I'll trade you my Ti EX10 and you'll be fresh off to a new start, hehehe

btw, how do you do the anno ? Pics ?

Thanks guys!

Its a trade secret! :D Just kidding, I did it with a tiny paint brush wet with distilled water and my phosphate solution. The voltage travels through the ferrel of the paint brush, through the fluid on the bristles. One electrode connected to the brush ferrel and one connected to the Ti to be anodized....

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why didn't you shave/carve/ano the head also??

easilyled

Flashaholic

I'm not familiar with the EX10, but if you need to twist the head then having the knurling to provide a grip would be very useful.

In any case I personally love the contrast between the head and body.
The EX10 has been transformed into a beautiful work of art.

Pontiaker

Enlightened

I just didnt want to do too much color. I actually really liked the light plain with no knurling. I can add more color/ano work if the buyer prefers it.

The light is a pushbutton on the end, Plus the carving adds lots of grip to the smooth body, it might not looks like it but I use this alot on my custom knives for traction without being too sharp when using it hard.

Thanks!
Matt

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, we've got an artist on board !
Beautiful :)

orig.jpg

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just didnt want to do too much color. I actually really liked the light plain with no knurling. I can add more color/ano work if the buyer prefers it.

The light is a pushbutton on the end, Plus the carving adds lots of grip to the smooth body, it might not looks like it but I use this alot on my custom knives for traction without being too sharp when using it hard.

Thanks!
Matt
I think it just looks freaking awesome, you should have done the head also since the light can be operated like a clicky... Found the website

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic

Gosh, that is darn sweet looking!! :eek:oo:

Good call on just carving the body. I really like the character of the light that way. It would have been too much to do the head like that also.

Very, very neat! :)

litetube

Enlightened

At one moment it looks hard and industrial almost crude in the machining and then the next moment it seems more elegant and artistic. The coloring is wonderful and I think the head is perfect just as is .
This is the most unique Ex10 out there for sure. Better than the custom Annodized ones by a long shot. Very tasteful decisions you have made here

Pontiaker

Enlightened

Thanks again for kind words!

Iam still getting used to carving on the curve:D I also have to keep telling myself, dont go too deep, dont go too deep! I really did NOT want to go through this tube! When doing my knives or even the Spy there is plenty of thick Ti to carve into and generally the deeper the better within reason. I see some lines after looking at these pics that need to be cleaned up, a little more work on the stippling and it will look a little cleaner.Thanks again, looking forward to working with you guys.
Matt

Ninjaz7

Enlightened

I would enter that in an art exhibit...let the bidding start a five thousand.Very tastefully done,I should let you do one of my knives(hint hint nuge nuge),gl with your sale.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast

That looks sweet. I have my carved SPY007 in hand right now. You would not beleive how smooth it is with the carving. I just can't set it down.:D

ambientmind

Enlightened

wooooooowwwwww!!!!:drool:
good work there...
i think you'll be busy for a while now that youre on CPF! keep it up!

iocheretyanny

Enlightened

That looks great!!!
Very custom look, suprised it's not sold yet!

I agree that the head and bezel should also be custom engraved.

I also think the tail could also have some custom work, if the edges are ground-off flush. The piston can also be grounded to remove the imperfect trit slot. Then everything will be fairly flush and can be engraved similar to the SPY.

No lanyard or clip could be used but not everyone needs these...

Pontiaker

Enlightened

I forgot to mention the Ti clip also comes with the light and can still be used no problem.
Thanks!
Matt