dome question from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj

Newly Enlightened
Could someone explain the difference(s) between high and low dome emitters on the LS lights? Advantages/disadvantages of each? I'm considering purchasing a used LS and want to be clear on what to expect and how the emitter design affects the performance/price.

Thanks!

bj

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
for a simple answer...a hd will result in longer throw and a squarish beam, whereas a ld will result in a round and better beam for closeup work.
also, hd luxones tend to be brighter and whiter than ld's.

my suggestion...get an arc lsh-p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bj

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, it was late and I just wasn't finding it using the search. The part numbers (LSL, LSH, -P) make more sense now. Sounds like the high dome generally has better color and more throw, while the low has less controlled color and a wider beam. Appreciate the help, and tolerating a question that has probably been asked many times.

bj

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the hd luxeons use a different phospher applying process that the ld's do not. i'm not sure if the se's do, but my guess is yes, because the se's i've seen were pure white!!!
i really don't know why they don't use the process on the ld's...i'm not sure if anyone knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.