Malkoff LED & a reflector

Briggz

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered a Malkoff LED dropin and was wondering what would be the best reflector to go along with this upgrade. I have tried the search but I can't find anything concrete.

Thanks all

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If you ordered a malkoff drop in p60 style like to go in a surefire light you need no reflector.It's an optic and does not need one.

SafetyBob

Enlightened
You could have gotten one from him if you had wanted (at least it used to be that way), however, if you are using a M@g, just cutdown the reflector on an ordinary M@g and you will be fine.

Do a search here for sputtering, or modifying a reflector.....you can easily make your reflector give unbelievable spill by spraying clear laquer on it. Done different levels on it to numerous mods with great results.

Bob E.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
cut down your mag reflector with a dremel. try it like it is first (non-sputtered) and if you want more spill and a smoother beam, spray some clear coat from a spray can onto the reflector in a very short burst from a distance. try one or two coats and see how you like it. you can go back and add more if you want, but ssc p4's already give a fairly smooth, floody beam.

JamisonM

Enlightened
Just to add to what Jason said, take a dime and trace around it on a piece of cardboard. Cut the circle out and push it all the way into the reflector; as far down into the cam as it will go. Take some tape and put it over the reflector side. Now, when you start cutting, you won't get anything in to scratch the reflector.

Briggz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys I like the idea about the clear coat and yes it is a M@g and not a SF.