Solarforce L2 Forward Click Switch

lewong

Newly Enlightened
After I bought a 6P bored for an 18650, I had a spare Surefire 6P body. With a lot of extra drop-ins sitting around, all I needed was a head and tailcap and I'd have another flashlight. I decided to buy a Solarforce L2 head and Solarforce Forward Click Switch from Lighthound.

At first, I thought the switch was broken, because when I pressed it, I didn't feel or hear a click. It worked when I put it on the body; the click is very subtle.

The finish is a little less glossy than the Surefire 6P body and a slightly different tint. There isn't any lock out on the 6P body. It seems OK for $12 USD.

tailcap.jpg

spring.jpg

parts.jpg

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could use one of those, but they appear out of stock at the moment.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm it seems sturdy enough...better than the forward/reverse click combo that KD sells.

And it seems that the innards can be transplanted in the original tailcap...

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I have two of these, the older one with the switch boot that protrudes a bit, and the 'third generation' one with the relatively flush-fitting boot. The third-gen one was DOA. Solarforce is sending me a new one, but I wasn't happy that it didnt work out of the box. I have also heard complaints that it doesn't always thread far enough down on some lights for it to even make contact.

USM0083

Enlightened
I have the second generation switch, which came with my L900M. Very nice,and fits all my Surefire lights. At first I though it was too sensitive, but it grew on me.

I took it and one of the reverse clickys apart, and the guts didn't look compatible, to me. :thinking:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I bought one of those from Lighthound awhile back.

Total waste of money. Switch is way too sensative for a forward clickie. If a mosquito landed on the rubber boot, and the light clicked on; I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Wish Solarforce would sell their similarily shaped momentary switch by itself. The one that came with my Solarforce L600 was hard as a rock. But when I attached it to my Solarforce L2 host, the switch works perfectly. Go figure. :shrug:

Butch003

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of those, also from Lighthound. And I got the same initial impression as you did. I've been using it for a few months now and it's still working.