Where can I find the new 2 level mini MagLed?

BP2000

Newly Enlightened
I am in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and cannot seem to locate Mini MagLed yet. Is it not shipped to this area yet?

rala

Newly Enlightened
the new mags should be available anywhere the older mag leds are sold. if you haven't come across any, they just haven't reached your area yet. oh btw, the new rebel mini mag has 4 modes, not 2. high, medium, strobe, and sos.

for more info...link

Last edited:

fireboltr

Enlightened
The 4 modes are (and I quote from the package)
High 100%
Low 25%
Blink
S.O.S.

I had bought one and returned it...
Output was sorry at best (although it had a very high level of throw)
The blink mode is just that IT IS NOT A STROBE !!!! more like a locator or warning blink
S.O.S. works decent enough

Switching is typical mini mag twist the head
The focus ability was bogus and left an ugly as sin beam no matter where it was focused...
Even on the tightest spot you could get it to focus to the entire center of the beam is dark read douhnut
You here this mag you need to design a new reflector for a new emmiter

When you first turn the light on it "ramps" up to 100% brightness i doesnt just come on....
The mode switching is iffy at times if you try to cycle through the modes quickly it does wierd things.

Dont get me wrong it is a HUGE breakthrough for mag but I think they need to do more R&D before attempting new things

just my 2 cents

FYI got mine at frys sunnyvale

ypsifly

Enlightened
How does it compare to the Niteize 1watt upgrade with IQ switch? Price? Has anyone seen these in the Detroit area?

Not that I need one but since I own at least one of almost everything M@g makes I'll probably get one just to complete the collection.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I got one at Frys Electronics in Sunnyvale too (thanks to asdalton for that initial tip that it was there). It is now sitting in my car in the pocket of the driver's side door as an emergency light. No, it is not the best in terms of output but I think there are a few things going for it:

1.) Price - For a made in USA light with multi-mode output, I think the price of ~$25 (same as the original mini Maglite LED) is a bargain.
2.) Durability - I have no doubt that the MagLed can survive rough use and keep on working.
3.) Accessories - A mini Maglite has so many accessories available for it, everything from pocket clips, holsters, head straps, diffusers, colored filters, traffic wands, etc.
4.) Availability in brick and mortar stores - gives a person the ability to actually see and handle the merchandise before purchasing. Also makes it much easier to return in the event that a buyer decides the multi-mode mini Maglite LED is not the light they are looking for.

Regarding the blink mode, yes it is not a strobe function by any means but I do not think a higher frequency strobe mode would be necessary or useful for it, anyway. IMHO the slow blink it currently has is better than a strobe mode and would be great for use as a warning beacon.

Brad

Newly Enlightened
I am in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and cannot seem to locate Mini MagLed yet. Is it not shipped to this area yet?

I am about 45 miles south of Chicago. Several miles west of Joliet. I keep an eye on all the stores around here for new lights but have not seen this one show up yet. Looks like we have to wait a bit longer.

Brad

CR123_CR123_CR123

Newly Enlightened
Hi:

I found them at the Sunnyvale Fry's. The older 2xAA maglites are in the regular flashlight section. The new multi-mode model were in the racks closest to the registers, near the Fry's work that tells you which register to go to.

Good luck finding them.
:twothumbs

tnforever

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, I've always been curious whether you can return open merchandise like the maglites?

I've been tempted to getting one of these to try it out but I dunno how the return policies are at various stores (target, home depot, frys, the lot)

If anyone (fireboltr :D) can help me out, much appreciated!

BTW, yes the new one can be found where the register is in the Sunnyvale Fry's, the idiot I was walked all around the store (didn't know where the flashlights are) until I realized the flashlights were right at the entrance. Luckily, I decided to check the checkout aisle out and found them. I couldn't find them at the Palo Alto store though.

Last edited:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike,

Which Sears did you see it in?

Brad

Sorry!! I live in the Raleigh, NC area. This was the Sears in the Triangle Towncenter Mall. Sears seems to be more consistant in what they carry from store to store, so maybe they will be in one near you soon.

Mike

rala

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, I've always been curious whether you can return open merchandise like the maglites?

I've been tempted to getting one of these to try it out but I dunno how the return policies are at various stores (target, home depot, frys, the lot)

stores like target and walmart have a customer satisfaction clause. you can state that it didn't meet your needs or just simply didn't like it and they would make you the refund. or in the case of trying to find a light with an acceptable beam/centered emitter, give you an exchange.

likeguymontag

Enlightened
stores like target and walmart have a customer satisfaction clause. you can state that it didn't meet your needs or just simply didn't like it and they would make you the refund. or in the case of trying to find a light with an acceptable beam/centered emitter, give you an exchange.

And I've returned opened blister packaged goods a number of times. Of course if I suspect I might be returning something, I try to open the package as cleanly as possible. I've done the same at Lowes and Home Depot. In fact, for the unscrupulous among you, there's the Home Depot Rental Plan, where you buy a tool, use it , and return it when you're done with the project. I figure that's why auto parts stores just loan out specialty tools that most people would only want to use once.

tnforever

Newly Enlightened
Forgive me but what is as blister package? If I do get a mag I will try to open it as cleanly as possible, but it's not easy, unlike some thing like headphones or things that pack neatly into a box.

I'm just hoping to avoid unnecessary fuss should I find the mag not worthy and return it...

That said, I've seen some stuff at autostores where people rip open some lightbulbs and shoddily tape it back together and managed to return them...

likeguymontag

Enlightened
Forgive me but what is as blister package? If I do get a mag I will try to open it as cleanly as possible, but it's not easy, unlike some thing like headphones or things that pack neatly into a box.

I'm just hoping to avoid unnecessary fuss should I find the mag not worthy and return it...

That said, I've seen some stuff at autostores where people rip open some lightbulbs and shoddily tape it back together and managed to return them...

Clamshell? Dunno what the proper term is. You know what I mean, though, the kind of clear plastic package that's impossible to open. I often cut off one entire edge of the package with scissors or make a slit in the back, along an edge, with a knife. You can return things even if you wreck the packaging though. I just try and open them cleanly to be considerate to the retailer if I have to return something.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw it at Lowe's today. About 8 packages, all were pewter gray. Boring color, nothing new to the body.

Hello, Maglite. The 20th century is calling and wants it's flashlight back.

I couldn't bring myself to spend the $21, I remember how flaky/flickery they work after a little use.

Besides, it would bring down the appearance of my collection. :grin2: