• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **Traded***: Mega Sized host (nighthunter II)

warx23

Enlightened
Listed is a Xenonics Nighthunter 2. Here is a working unit on ebay for reference . I had two of these at one time and this one was going to be used as a parts donor. I did test this one with a original battery and the bulb strobed. The working unit has since been sold. I had invisioned sending this to one of the great modders here in CPF to use as a the mother of all host's. I had invisioned a dozen or so p7's. I have since changed directions. As you can see in the pictures it has a second body that is the original charger. This tube is the same length and construction as the flashlight body. I think a crafy machinist could join these two and create a real monster. :devil:. This is a heavy duty piece of work.

What im looking for. Nothing in particular but do fancy the customs. You could look at any of Donn_'s sales threads for reference. :grin2:

I would prefer shipping within the states due to the weight.

~~~~ Traded To Donn_ ~~~~

On to the pictures.

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

A 3d mag light for reference.
IMG_0779.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: WTT: Mega Sized host (nighthunter II)

Hmmm...

When you say the bulb "strobed" do you mean it went :poof: ??

Do you fancy something specific on my sales threads, so we could get a sense of where you value this host?

warx23

Enlightened

Hmmm...

When you say the bulb "strobed" do you mean it went :poof: ??

Do you fancy something specific on my sales threads, so we could get a sense of where you value this host?

It did not poof. It flashed on and off very fast. The bulb has a grey area that looks like it has been very hot. The working unit I had did not have that area on the bulb. One challenge with the xenonics stuff is that finding bulbs or battery's was a giant challenge. So I gave up on repairing it.

How about a build from your bare aluminum thread. Based on the mce aleph 3 head. Perhaps a 18650 body? :whistle:

warx23

Enlightened

Hows about..
Aleph 3 head, containing an MC-E emitter
TranquillityBase Split-body 18650 tube
Surefire Z48/9 C-series clicky

donn_

Flashaholic

The tail cap you chose won't fit the body. It's a C-Series cap, and the body is an E-series tail. If that's ok, we can do it.

I don't need the case. I've got a closet full of them.

warx23

Enlightened

The tail cap you chose won't fit the body. It's a C-Series cap, and the body is an E-series tail. If that's ok, we can do it.

I don't need the case. I've got a closet full of them.

I guess Ill do the
TnC recessed E-series clicky..
if that will work.
I was just shooting for the 18650 format if thats possible.

Thanks

donn_

Flashaholic

That'll work.

I'm about to be put to sleep by the Oscars, so send me an email with your address, and I'll get your stuff shipped tomorrow, and I'll send you my address, so you can ship the monster.

Thanks!

Pontiaker

Enlightened

Very cool host, cant wait to see what you do with it Donn...It didnt look that big until you posted the pic of it next to the Mag!