Need a brighter 2XAA light

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
I currently have a Fenix L2D flashlight, I bought it because it runs on 2AA batteries and the size is nice also. I dont want to pay that much again though. Right now Iam checking out a Romisen RC-N3 Q5 flashlight that may be brighter than my Fenix. I may buy some CR123's and a charger if thats the way to go. Iam just needing help on what to buy, I may by 2 different flashlights just to see what I like best. I did like being able to sit my Fenix on its end while the electric was off a few weeks ago, it lit up my living room for several hours, was still going strong when I woke the next morning, it was turned down to the next to lowest setting. Hope you flashlight buffs can help, thanks..

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
The Romisen claims 210 lumens at the emitter, whereas the Fenix L2D is 'only' 180. OTF lumens are probably going to be near 168 and 144 lumens respectively. In real life, this will not be a huge difference, more of a difference will be in beam profile, with the Romisen having more throw.

I think in usability terms, you would really miss having a low output mode for a lot of things...I personally wouldn't use a single-mode light putting out 100+ lumens very much. Of course, YMMV.

FlashlightsNgear.com

Iam basically looking for something similar to the Fenix for less doe. It doesnt have to run on AA but I do want lower output setting. I would like to find something under 50 bucks, I looked at one of the Jet branded lights on DX but it was $65. BTW I have a older Fenix L2D CE - its only 135Lm's :(

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
2XAA I would go with either the Nitecore D20 or the ITP C8 Both are in the 180 lumen family. I have the Nitecore and I have an itp c7. They are both great lights.

FlashlightsNgear.com

Iam going to try the Ultrafire, what kind of batteries are best and can I get rechargeable batteries and where to buy the batteries and charger, thanks..

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
2XAA I would go with either the Nitecore D20 or the ITP C8 Both are in the 180 lumen family. I have the Nitecore and I have an itp c7. They are both great lights.

He wants to spend less dough on a light, not more.:p

FlashlightsNgear.com

Anyone tryed one of thesehttp://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16501 I may add this to my order, Ultrafire also makes one similar, which one of these would you add to cart the MTE or Ultrafire version and do they really put out near 700 Lumens? These new lights have me stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.