fc509adc.jpg

fc1fa6a5.jpg

fc1fa5e0.jpg

fc1fa54b.jpg

And my old car:

fca36088.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
At least you didn't wash that truck first like they do on those phoney truck commercials, where they drive through muck and stuff yet they always show the truck absolutely spotless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
FC: You took an SUV Off Road? You do know SUV`s are only for taking the kids to school or going shopping, don`t you? I thought everyone knew that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-

I guess you could call this one mine - although it actually belongs to the company and I don`t drive it every day.

tannvansmaller.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Since everybody's putting pictures of their primary vehicles here, I guess I ought to do the same...

scooter.jpg

This is a year 2000 Rascal scooter. I took apart the handlebar thing and jumpered a resistor in there, so it does around 5mph instead of 4 or 4.5mph.
I also added a bunch of LEDs to the back, bottom, and front.

Tomas

Banned
Thank you, Craig. Now I feel better about putting my wheels up here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2001 Action Pro-T (note cupholder ... )
wheels.jpg

BTW, Rothrandir, what ya gonna DO with that H2? Put in a bowling alley? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tomsig03.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Tomas - are those Frog's Legs in the front, attached to the front wheels?

I have both three-wheel and four-wheel things for my Rascal. The four-wheel part had a thing break inside the steering arm not two minutes after I got it in the hospital last November, so I'm using the three-wheel piece (as you see in the picture above) right now.

Here's a pic of my 4-wheel Rascal...

chair211.jpg

Note the Light Cannon 100 HID blazing happily away.
The red glow on the floor under and behind it is an array of 80 red LEDs controlled by a microprocessor IC.
More pictures are here if interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Yup, those are the Micro Frog Legs up front with 4 inch "skooter wheels." Those wheels have much better bearings and less roll resistance than the normal wheels, and they light up! (There are red, green, and blue LEDs and some electronics in the clear urethane, and a tiny rare-earth generator around the axle of each. The LEDs flash in sequence as the wheels roll.)

You going to try to get the four wheel frontend for your ride fixed, Craig? I don't really know, but I would think that the four wheel frontend would be much more stable and such ...

tomsig02.gif

guncollector

Enlightened
Here's a leftover from my bachelor days that I refuse to give up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif My 4-yr old daughter, bless her soul, when we go for errands wants to ride in Daddy's "Jeep" (not the family's soul--less ML320 or Audi sedan)!

Jeep%20Wrangler%20(red).JPG

Anyway, its a Jeep Wrangler 1991 YJ, with the 4.0 Liter/Straight-6 (180hp), with fairly new shoes (Dueler A/T 235/70R15), and K&N Air Filter. Killer sound system, and outfitted with ICOM-2800H (HAM Transceiver) and hopped-up Texas Ranger 969WX (CB Transceiver). Usually have a Garmin GPS III unit mounted & running in there also. Running strong after 90,000+ miles.

It's got also loaded with field (& bugout) gear for weekend hunting/camping trips.

Unfortunately, here in the SF/Bay Area the top only comes off for 1-2 months from about August-October.

Skyline

Enlightened
Woo, I get to floss pictures of my vee-hick-ull again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mel_wrx_03b.jpg

mel_wrx_04b.jpg

mel_wrx_05b.jpg

mel_wrx_06b.jpg

*picwhore* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I really like how this one turned out of my 1997 EV1 (Too wide for anybody?):

ev1sidesmall.jpg

How many ya want? I'll be nice. Sig shows them both small, here shows them a bit bigger.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
actually thomas, i'm going to keep it in one of my parking garages in one of my multi-billion dollar mansions....duh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

of course...mine will be black, and have more gadgets than james bond /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Seems that this thread is already image rich so I won't bore you with many of my auto pics. I have been a fan of sport utility vehicles, well before they were named or the idea was identified. I have owned quite a few cars since I started driving. The first was a van that I lived in for one summer break at the beach. The second was a 356 Porsche. One car I had that I modified quite a bit and I think the looks were a bit ahead of the time was a '78 Rabbit:

rabbit-front.jpg

rabbit-dash.jpg

These pictures are 25 years old. With the help of a friend, I installed a turbo and dual disk racing clutch in this car. I added the burl trim, instruments, fog lights, illegal headlights and some other stuff.

As I have gotten older, the sport part of the equation has yielded to the utility side (current boring ride):

van.jpg

I ocassionally think about one car I had that I never should have sold back in '72 for $2500 - 356 C

- Don

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here's my wheels, '99 Dodge Intrepid.

dodge.jpg

dash.jpg

What you don't see is the laptop that usually sets on a pillow in the pasengers seat and the Garmin 35 GPS in the back window. That is a Kenwood TM-D700 dual band HAM radio, a control head for a Pioneer CD changer, and a Yaesu VX-5R dual band HT. The D-700, GPS, and the laptop are wired together to show me where I am and to broadcast my position to other like equipted HAMS.

That is a SL KeyMate on my key ring.