G2 Issue

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok guys... dumb girl needs help.

I carry my G2 in my purse. Yes, it's part of my EDC. But what keeps happening is the tailbutton gets depressed by something (who knows! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ) in my purse and I don't know it and next thing I know, the batteries are dead!

So what can I do to prevent this from happening?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
On one of the other threads someone mentioned you can lock out the G2 tailcap by loosening the bezel by a turn or so.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
...or back the tail cap off which will require deeper and deeper pushes of the button as you back the switch out.

...or put the Knoll clickie switch mod in!

yclo

Flashaholic*
Since the G2 does not come equipped with a LOTC as standard, I would either suggest investing in a LOTC for the G2Z which will fit the G2 also.

Or you can go the no-$$ alternative (which is as I recall frequently mentioned by brightnorm), which is unscrewing the bezel maybe a half to one turn. This is effectively a "Lock-Out-Bezel".

-YC

snuffy

Enlightened
If you're using Surefire batteries you might be another victim of This . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
shouldn't this be in the flashlights section? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nice to see you're setting a good example /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

as far as the perpetrator....my guess is the elusive purse gremlins...