Zebralight H30-Q5 Update?

jaundice

Enlightened
I'm about to pull the trigger and get a Zebralight H30-Q5. Reading a bunch of threads about it, it seems like the AA version, the H50, is about to get an upgrade. Does anyone know if the CR123a version, the H30, is going to get one, too?

I'd rather wait if there's a new version about to come out.

Thanks,

-John

josean

Newly Enlightened
I'm about to pull the trigger and get a Zebralight H30-Q5. Reading a bunch of threads about it, it seems like the AA version, the H50, is about to get an upgrade. Does anyone know if the CR123a version, the H30, is going to get one, too?

I didn't know about Zebralight upgrading the H50.
Can you give a link to some of the threads referring to that upgrade?

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Zebralight let it be known in '08 that they were working on the H31 (1xCR123), which is pretty much the same as the H30 but with a reflector. Other than that, I haven't seen any other updates about any new CR123 lights from them. :shrug:

But, it looks like the H501 (1AA, clickie, no reflector) will be produced before the H31 and H51.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
If they put a reflector on the light then its just an angle light, be it a small one. I was thinking that might be interesting but then id rather save for a tomahawk.
I have to wonder what is so great though, i can take the reflector off my incendio and it does the same thing as the cr123 version.
That being said i do have the AA version and i might be interested in the button version, especially if it could take lithium ion batteries