CNN says semiban=fullauto machine gun ban

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
CNN just lied to all America with the help of a lying Sheriff department telling the USA that the semiauto ban prevents the sale of full auto machine gun ak47's in America. It's Watch the newscast yourself:

http://www.nralive.com/index2.cfm

media manipulation of semi auto ban is story title

STILL THINK THEY aren't coming for your weapons????

MichiganMan

Enlightened
You mean the folks whose info-graphic after the shuttle explosion said that it reentered the atmosphere at "7 times the speed of light?" That CNN? Why in the world would you watch that tripe?

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
It is just that many people in America will believe what they say and act upon it as if it were the truth. The people should be told the truth, but not lied to. CNN is going to lie to everyone and then get the laws passed that it wants. Then it will come around and say why don't you obey the law, the will of the people because they passed the law and it is what they wanted. But it is not. They are voting based on a lie.

THey should be told that the law prohibits nearly all machine gun look alikes that fire the same rounds as the currently legal m1a or other semi auto rifles like the rugers. Also that it prohibits the sale of large ammo clips. Also that these rifles are in no way machine guns and that they are even made from cheap bolts that start to melt even if somebody managed to convert one into a machine gun which would land him into prison for the rest of his life anyway. If he wanted to risk going to prison he'd be better off getting a real one with the proper heat treated metals in tijuana off the corrupt police or drug dealers and having it smuggled into the US by some desparate illegals, than messing with any of the semi automatic rifles that the assault ban prohibits. Although, I'm not sure on all the specifics of the ban, but I believe the above is accurate.

Most the time when you see a full auto machine gun on the news being used in a crime, it probably is a full machine gun that was illegally purchased that way an smuggled into the country with the dope shipments. That's where the bank robber gets it from.

People already know that kids and criminals committ crime in this country with guns. The news hammers that point home every day.

But the people need to know what they are voting on. Then let them make up their mind based on all the facts and what they know is going on in society. They need to let America vote based on the facts.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ledfanfromjuno said:
Most the time when you see a full auto machine gun on the news being used in a crime, it probably is a full machine gun that was illegally purchased that way an smuggled into the country with the dope shipments. That's where the bank robber gets it from.

[/ QUOTE ]When is the last time you saw a full auto (legal or illegal) used in a crime. The last illegal gun used in a crime, that I remember, where the two guys in California robbing a bank. As far as using a legal full auto in a crime was when a LEO used a dept weapon to shoot a drug dealer who told him he was going to kill his family. IMHO, that was not a crime but was a public service.

BTW, I am writing/have wrote my Washington Reps to let the assault weapon law end. I hope others here will do the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should write to Bush... The most visible and powerful Republican supports extending the ban...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already did that two weeks ago. Because he stated he will sign if it gets to his desk, the next step is to not let it get to his desk.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that Bush has stated that he does not support extending the ban and has requested that Congress not bring it up for reinstatement. I heard CNN say that they heard from a "White House Representative" that the President supports the ban. An obvious Media manipulation due to the fact that the "source" could be anyone in the administration who wishes to support a reinstatement of the ban and they will not verify it. And where is the CNN online poll for the public opinion on the matter? They usually post a poll for everything but are obviously afraid to breach the matter directly with the public. The fact of the matter is any smart politician will not touch the issue with a ten foot pole because it will cost their party a great deal at the polls. I believe it would cost the President any chance of re-election to take a stance for reinstatement. Clinton himself stated that his anti-gun stance on the bill cost his party the majority.

CNN is biased and even manipulative of the facts due to it's corporate ideology. During a debate involving two representatives one from Gun Owners of America and another from The Brady Foundation, CNN video wallpapered the split screen with images of stockpiles of fully automatic weapons that have been illegal to purchase for decades in an attempt to make the ignorant in society believe this is what they will ban and it ain't true. This would not be ignorance on their behalf, but rather blatant manipulation targeted at swaying the public sentiment in their favor. It is lies but as tkl's sig line once quoted " it's what they (the left) rely on, ignorant foot soldiers" to achieve they're agenda.

I pray they don't win because totalitarianism fed by a falsely liberal facade is what the true outcome will be for an example look at "California Uber Alles" there the swastika is replaced with a smiley face. I think it was Himmler that said if you tell a lie that is big enough, people will not believe you would lie about something that important. And that is what the media and leftists hope for, an ignorant belief in a lie that leads to their total control with no means of retaliation.

Even though I cannot keep firearms legally in NYC I have rejoined the NRA and plan to fight for reinstatement of the basic rights of the Second Ammendment, it is vastly more important than any personal or public safety concern in my book as it enables the very defense of our freedoms as a society in general to be under our control and is our last line of defense against abuses of power in our system. It would be like signing away all your rights, payed for by the blood of others of greater character than any living advocate, to reject it. That, is wrong.

Respect of life and firearms safety is a matter of education over ignorance. Punishment of criminal activity is a matter of prosecuting to the letter of the law those who violate it. Mental illness and emotional instability is a matter of awareness recognition and treatment. All three of these issues have been unneccessarily tied to a fight to relieve you of your rights as granted by our first and most thorough governing document. Instead of addressing these issues in the logical and educated means, it has been sold to you that regulation of inanimate objects is the solution and this just is not the answer, it is absolutely crystal clear when thought of in context. Support the Second Ammendment and insure your future participation in governing yourselves and protecting each other.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those words (about Bush supporting extending the ban) didn't just come from CNN (nor FOX)... They came from Ari Fleischer...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ari Fleischer is a native New Yorker with the typical anti-gun bias and a rather liberal parentage who incidentally announced his resignation effective "post election" today. If I remember correctly most New Yorkers were loyal to the Crown during the Revolution too and I wouldn't expect less from them now.

Later,

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does Fleischer being born in NY have anything to do with his loyalties to the President?

As I recall, Don Rumsfeld's born in Chicago and Colin Powell's born in New York City...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
You should write to Bush... The most visible and powerful Republican supports extending the ban...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

[/ QUOTE ] he says he will support it if it gets to his desk. we all know democrats lost their shirt, admittingly by klinton, because of their anti gun stance. why bush would say he'd sing it is beyond me. except for riding the fence to appease the anti's when he knows it'll never come up for vote on both sides. i wish bush would find his pair and tell the truth on this useless ban.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my understanding, the full auto arms used in the Hollywood bank robbery were arms that were modified by the users. It is my understanding that most criminals with full autos attain them this way. what good will banning weapons that are tagged, registered, and tracked do?

tsg68 wrote "Instead of addressing these issues in the logical and educated means, it has been sold to you that regulation of inanimate objects is the solution and this just is not the answer, it is absolutely crystal clear when thought of in context."

Duh!! Why spend money to fix a problem the way it should be dealt with when a quick easy cheap fix will do? What gets me is that these same folks think its ok for them to have guns or bodyguards with guns to protect themselves from the average "slobs", unlike average citizens who are not as important as they are, hence in no need of protection. Dan Rather used a shotgun to chase buglars from his home, Rosie had her children's bodyguard apply for a CCW permit, Ted Turner and Jane Fonda were found armed with handguns when their residence were broken into, etc.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want to hear something really disgusting, Webley (is this the same Webley as in the break open hand cannons that the British used and our Special Forces treasured for being able to put down an attacking tiger in the jungles of Southeast Asia? Now that is a handgun!).

The LAPD had two Barrett Light .50's in their arsenal at the time of the infamous Hollywood bank robbery and could have ended the standoff quickly with two leisurely shots taken from a safe distance like punching holes in paper but didn't, why? My guess is that the headlines "Two heavily armed and armored bankrobbers died in a brief standoff picked off by Police snipers at extreme range." does not read as well as "Robbers hold city hostage and Police held at bay, outgunned by criminals in possession of banned firearms." the second headline sells more papers and furthers the leftist Agenda.

You understand what I am saying Anti-gun movement. I am saying that the LAPD was in possession of two superior weapons that would have ended the standoff quickly with no collateral damage and without endangering the lives of officers or civilians and didn't excercise the option. Talk about hype, if that isn't Hollywood I don't know what is. Just irresponsible and sickening.

Later,

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
he says he will support it if it gets to his desk. we all know democrats lost their shirt, admittingly by klinton, because of their anti gun stance. why bush would say he'd sing it is beyond me. except for riding the fence to appease the anti's when he knows it'll never come up for vote on both sides. i wish bush would find his pair and tell the truth on this useless ban.

A penny says the Dems will make an issue out of it when it does come up for renewel next year... Anyone can see it from a mile away...

And just because it has to get to his desk to be signed, doesn't change the mere ideology that he'll sign it and will support the continued ban. Look at the Republicans who voted for this bill in the first place a few years ago. They're still there in the Senate. Start lynching them...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw two Items of note today on CNN, one was an additional piece on the ban that I guess they were compelled to include due to either all the negative response to their biased coverage they got from pro-gun lobby or due to dissatisfaction displayed by the Law enforcement officials who participated in the previous piece that was edited to reflect the anti-gun lobbys agenda over the truth of the material collected. Anyhow they showed that the difference between the banned version of the AR-15 and the legal version was merely cosmetic. That the 4 evils was indeed a ploy to gain public support for the ban by the anti-gun lobby and not based in any factual material of substance. They stuck it in Wolf Blitzer live this afternoon in an attempt to keep it's viewership down.

The next was a poll taken on Crossfire as to whether or not Americans believe the statements made by the White House Press Secretary to be true and over 60% polled said no, they did not believe that all statements made by Press Secretary Ari Fleischer on the Presidents behalf were true. Maybe there is something to his resignation beyond what is reported after all.

Later,

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the "Republican News Channel"

Conspiracy theories on all sides...

It could be he left on non-amicable terms. It could be he's just burned out for 20 years... Wasn't he just married anyways... Bush wanted him to stay through the reelection period. That speaks more to me on Bush's trust in Fleischer than any conspiracy theorist would put out...

MichiganMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
webley445 said:
his home, Rosie had her children's bodyguard apply for a CCW permit,

[/ QUOTE ]

A small but notable correction. Her bodyguard had a CCW, the issue raised was that Ms. Million Mom March was completely fine with him carrying the weapon on school grounds when he picked the child up. Ask her any other time is there would ever be a reason for someone to bring a gun into a school and she'd look at you as if you just peed on her sensible shoes.

But hey, I can understand that. After all she's obviously special and is entitled to not obey rules that she demands millions of other moms are held to.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
During a debate involving two representatives one from Gun Owners of America and another from The Brady Foundation

[/ QUOTE ]The rep from GOA was most likly GOA President Larry Pratt, whom is an excellent debater. He is never at a loss for words, while he leaves his opponents stammering or refusing to answer.