Money Question....

JME

Newly Enlightened
I'm getting desperate....I really really want a Fenix TK11 R2, but at this point I only have $35 out of the money I have designated as flashlight money and am lacking.

Does anybody have any good ideas for me to make money but spending almost no time doing it. (I am a very very busy person.) Been selling on ebay for my flashlight funding, but am running out of things to sell....

Thanks

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you in the US? If so, start a bank. Fail miserably. Then ask the government for $$$. On the downside, your compensation will be limited to $500,000 a year. On the plus side...well, you can buy a fenix. May I recommend you step up to customs once the bailout money comes in.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you've run out of things to sell, the only thing that comes to mind is working. If you do come up with an idea to make money that takes 'very little time', please contact me with details. :D

Another option is to go for something around $35. If you'd be happy with something approaching the TK11's brighness, there's the Solarforce L2 with R2. They aren't bad at all, and you might be left with change for batteries.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal me all the money you have and I'll tell you a quick and easy way to make thirty five bucks without doing anything.

JME

Newly Enlightened
Thanks...so far. I've considered many lights from DX, but I just get this feeling, you know, when I look at the pix of the TK 11 R2 and then especially the beamshots, then I begin to read posts about it and it gets me more excited...I am attached to the idea of owning one these suckers...lol & Thanks

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting desperate....I really really want a Fenix TK11 R2, but at this point I only have $35 and am lacking.

Not sure if you are joking or serious here. If my savings were down to the last $35, buying a new flashlight wouldn't be on my priority list.

On the other hand, perhaps you could find a used light for less money in the CPF Marketplace forums.

JME

Newly Enlightened
Nope...this is not a joke...I repeat...not a joke!....Really, though, I understand what you're sayin and if I were really down to my LAST $35 I would say thanks very much for your advice, but I meant to say I am down to $35 of flashlight money. I should have said that the money designated for flashlight purposes was only $35....Thanks

ruriimasu

Enlightened
im sure you can get a job for a day or 2 and have enough to top up to the $35 and get yourself a tk11.

JME

Newly Enlightened
That's the prob....I am 19 years old...Graduated from high school, but my "job" is taking care of my father in a wheelchair. That's why I have no time. If everything I have on ebay sells right now I will only need $20 more.
Thanks

Last edited:

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
That's the prob....I am 19 years old...Graduated from high school, but my "job" is taking care of my father in a wheelchair. That's why I have no time.
Thanks

Maybe you can do some domestic like work for your neigbors, or sell
more stuff on eBay. Or, apply for a low spending limit credit card.

If I were Bill Gates, I would buy you one, and mail it to you with the
batteries included! :grin2: that's just the kind of guy I am. :D

When I was your age, I always figured out how to earn enough money
to get stuff I want. Where there's a will, there's a way!!

Good luck

P.S. I think it's great that you are taking care of your Dad.
That kind of kindness is always rewarded somehow.

Last edited:

JME

Newly Enlightened
Maybe you can do some domestic like work for your neigbors, or sell
more stuff on eBay. Or, apply for a low spending limit credit card.

If I were Bill Gates, I would buy you one, and mail it to you with the
batteries included! :grin2: that's just the kind of guy I am. :D

When I was your age, I always figured out how to earn enough money
to get stuff I want. Where there's a will, there's a way!!

Good luck

P.S. I think it's great that you are taking care of your Dad.
That kind of kindness is always rewarded somehow.

Thanks for the encouragement, man...God bless.

ypsifly

Enlightened
Can you work for one evening, like a weekend night? Most restaurants are always looking for someone to wash dishes on the weekends. Even for just one shift a week.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Or, apply for a low spending limit credit card...
Just me, but I would recommend you learned to live without before you did that. You don't want to be out of money and in the hole for the entire rest of your life.

You got the $35 somehow, so just keep doing that until you save up enough.

Patience is a survival skill...

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Why the hurry to purchase this particular light? You do know if you wait you'll likely get either a better bin LED for the same price, or the same been for less?

My advice is just wait until you have the cash. Like others said, you already got $35 somehow. Sooner or later some way to earn a little money will cross your path. As a bonus, after waiting a bit you may find that the urge to buy this particular light will pass. This is really the reason I never make impulse purchases. I can do so easily even though my income isn't all that great. I have two charge cards and enough savings to buy virtually anything short of a house or a luxury car at this point. Yet despite that, every time I something I simply wait a bit. Sometimes I'll wait for the price to come down if it's something technology related (prices on such items inevitably fall when the next version comes out). Other times I'll see if I can get it for less on eBay. Usually however I wait just to see if I really want it. 99 times out of 100 the urge passes within a week. If I'm still thinking about it a month or two later, then I assume that means I really want it. Then and only then will I consider buying, and I'll still hunt like crazy for the best price. First rule of good finances in never buy anything at retail price. As a result of this policy, I only have things I really want and not roomfuls of clutter representing wasted money like lots of people I know.

BTW, lots of ways to earn small amounts of cash at your age even if you're unable or unwilling to secure conventional employment. Mowing lawns, shoveling snow, raking leaves all come to mind as things I did at one time or another to earn a few bucks. If you're good at fixing things then you can offer your services there by word of mouth. That might actually be a growth industry these days as people short of cash seek to repair old appliances and such rather than buy new ones.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
Indiana right? bale some hay this summer or plant some tobacco this spring, all it takes is 5 hours of work and youll have enough for the light, (if they pay you good, I get paid 8 and change when I work in hay) I believe that you could work that out with a friend or relitave, have them watch your father for a short while, they talk and visit with him and you work for a flashlight =P working up for purchases in this hobby are a pain and shipping is worse but so long as you enjoy what youve worked for everything will be worth it. just another option.

Daniel

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The midwest has had lots of snow this winter. You could earn some quick cash shoveling driveways and sidewalks.

ktafil

Newly Enlightened
Why the hurry to purchase this particular light? You do know if you wait you'll likely get either a better bin LED for the same price, or the same been for less?

My advice is just wait until you have the cash. Like others said, you already got $35 somehow. Sooner or later some way to earn a little money will cross your path. As a bonus, after waiting a bit you may find that the urge to buy this particular light will pass. This is really the reason I never make impulse purchases. I can do so easily even though my income isn't all that great. I have two charge cards and enough savings to buy virtually anything short of a house or a luxury car at this point. Yet despite that, every time I something I simply wait a bit. Sometimes I'll wait for the price to come down if it's something technology related (prices on such items inevitably fall when the next version comes out). Other times I'll see if I can get it for less on eBay. Usually however I wait just to see if I really want it. 99 times out of 100 the urge passes within a week. If I'm still thinking about it a month or two later, then I assume that means I really want it. Then and only then will I consider buying, and I'll still hunt like crazy for the best price. First rule of good finances in never buy anything at retail price. As a result of this policy, I only have things I really want and not roomfuls of clutter representing wasted money like lots of people I know.

BTW, lots of ways to earn small amounts of cash at your age even if you're unable or unwilling to secure conventional employment. Mowing lawns, shoveling snow, raking leaves all come to mind as things I did at one time or another to earn a few bucks. If you're good at fixing things then you can offer your services there by word of mouth. That might actually be a growth industry these days as people short of cash seek to repair old appliances and such rather than buy new ones.

Wow..... sounds like me, but i can also imagine that you really want this light very bad.
Advice, save money, earn money till you have enough. Don't buy if you don't have the money!