Surefire led bezel

rm3

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at the surefire website and they now have a led bezel that goes with the p60L.???? How is this bezel any diff than the z44 bezel??? they put a disclaimer on the site that said if you use the standard 6p/9p bezel with an p60L it voids the warranty. It is listed as BP60L LED WeaponLight Conversion Kit. Thanks in advance.

GreyShark

Enlightened
$90?! Who's going to want to buy that stinker? At least they're being more honest about the runtime than they are with the 6P LED.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I believe SureFire are trying to guide people away from putting the P60L in the Classic Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel. The same applies with the "M2" bezel as well.
Their tactics with the heavy warning do seem a bit disproportionate at first glance.

The P60L is listed as $49
The Z44-BK is listed as $49

So if the BP60L is indeed just a normal bezel and a P60L then $90 for both is a saving.

Of course a quick google shows several dealers offering the Z44-BK for $25 which is more what I expected it would be.

milox

Newly Enlightened
What will happen to the p60l inside M2 bezel? I use this setup pretty often.
Wont the thermal regulator inside p60l simply decrease the output and extent the runtime.

Size15's

Flashaholic
What will happen to the p60l inside M2 bezel? I use this setup pretty often.
Wont the thermal regulator inside p60l simply decrease the output and extent the runtime.
We have been led to believe that the P60L is perfectly capable of moderating it's otuput to prevent itself from being damaged by excessive heat.

The 'only' reason why I can see that using a P60L in a shock isolated bezel would be a 'bad' thing is that the output will be lower than in a standard bezel.