Problem with my Jet III Military/LEO light.

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
About 10 minutes ago, I finished charging my Tenergy 18650 rechargeable battery. I was about to put it in my flashlight, when I noticed the negative plate was pushed in a little. I decided to put it in my light to see if it would still work. The battery worked fine, but it's my flashlight that has a problem now.
Now, instead of being a momentary/always on forward clickie switch, I have to twist it all the way for an always on. I've tried untwisting it a little bit and using the button, doesn't work. Is there anything I can do? I've already sent an e-mail to BOG, asking if I can get a replacement. The spring inside the tailcap is also a little bent, is that the problem?

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Hmm id try some primaries or a different 18650 and see if that works? Kinda sounds ike a battery problem but im no expert! Good luck

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
Hmm id try some primaries or a different 18650 and see if that works? Kinda sounds ike a battery problem but im no expert! Good luck
I tried some Surefire batteries, same result. BOG is going to send a replacement switch though, to see if that's the problem.

Norm

Retired Administrator
About 10 minutes ago, I finished charging my Tenergy 18650 rechargeable battery. I was about to put it in my flashlight, when I noticed the negative plate was pushed in a little. I decided to put it in my light to see if it would still work. The battery worked fine, but it's my flashlight that has a problem now.
Now, instead of being a momentary/always on forward clickie switch, I have to twist it all the way for an always on. I've tried untwisting it a little bit and using the button, doesn't work. Is there anything I can do? I've already sent an e-mail to BOG, asking if I can get a replacement. The spring inside the tailcap is also a little bent, is that the problem?
Nothing wrong with your light if the tail cap isn't screwed right in it is locked out, screw the cap up tight and just half push the switch for momentary, full click for on.
It is Totaly different to some Surefire tail caps, that are momentary when unscrewed a half turn or so and on when the tail is tightened.
Norm

ryts100

Newly Enlightened
Nothing wrong with your light if the tail cap isn't screwed right in it is locked out, screw the cap up tight and just half push the switch for momentary, full click for on.
It is Totaly different to some Surefire tail caps, that are momentary when unscrewed a half turn or so and on when the tail is tightened.
Norm
No, I mean when I screw it on all the way, it turns on always on. For the Jetbeam that's not correct. You screw it on all the way, press the forward clickie switch halfway for momentary on, cick it on for always on. The problem is with my Jetbeam light.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Sorry misunderstood your original post.
Good luck with the new switch it's a fantastic light :)
Norm