Bought my father in law a TK20 for his bday

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
It came in today and I lubed it up with nyogel and put batteries in it--planning on giving it to him tomorrow.

DAMN this thing feels sturdy compared to everything else in my sig :huh:

I haven't been looking at lights much as of late because my EX10 has been seeing daily use and has been great.

I kinda want to buy a TK20.........for no real reason other than I feel confident that it'd survive being thrown down a mountain than run over by 20 Humvees :laughing:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Very nice !

Did you get the Yellow, or Black model ?

Does the rubber sleeve twist or rotate ?

Good Luck.

_

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, the light is nice! We have two of them, one yellow for me, one grey for my wife. I also ordered one for a friend and last week one for my father.

I won't speak of the advantages of the natural color LED in nature anymore, I guess everybody knows by now... :thumbsup:

As for the rubber sleeves, you need a good dealer and strong fingers. On one light the coat was tight when we got it, on the other three it wasn't, it rotated on two of them and has some minor spill on my fathers' light. As he isn't as picky as I am, I left the original coat on. There we come to the good dealer : With each light, except the last one, I got a tight spare sleeve. I didn't want to use soap or another lubricant to get the original sleeve off and didn't want to cut it as well, so it took me some time to get it off and my fingers hurt afterwards. Even if the sleeve rotates, it is still quite heavy to remove, but it's easier to get (a new one) on again.

We also got some lanyards for our lights, I don't understand why Fenix doesn't include one? :( So, we took long lanyards from Olight, so we can hang the lights around our neck, better than the short hand lanyards from Fenix!

At first I wasn't amused about the rubber sleeve, I preffered the classic alu body. In this cold winter in Europe however, you see the advantage of rubber : It isn't as cold as metal! Besides that, it also gives the light a special look! :)

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
I got him a yellow one so he can locate it better if he drops it at night. He does a lot of work with horses.

The sleeve felt pretty dang tight on there to me.