please advice on a P7 quad LED thrower

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
i am looking to buy a cheap quad led ( SSC P 7 or similar ) THROWER. preferably run by 2 18650 batteries.
so many models out there.
been looking on DX....any input - experience greatly appreciated.
i have considered this light.....
any thoughts ?
which one could you recommend ?
thank you very much in advance !

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19374

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow this is where you get into trouble by asking for something "cheap". Don't get wrong as I buy my fair share of these cheap flashlights from places like DX and KD. The reality is that with cheap 2x18650 P7 or MC-E flashlights, is that none of them have reliable drivers. Also if you're expecting a thrower from a quad-die LED, you won't find one that is cheap. The Sacredfire one you link to looks like it uses the same reflector as any of the other cheap P7 flashlights they sell in that size, but for $50 and it being a single mode setup that it might be worth a shot at.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
agree on everything typed.

try a light with a big and deep reflector.
Might get a bit more throw,
but dont expect too much

1996alnl

Enlightened
I also agree with the above.
Keep in mind with flashlights..it's like everything else,you get what you pay for.

Having said that DX and KD offer some really decent lights for the price.
Just don't believe all the numbers the manufacturers tell you,for example if that light your looking at is pulling in 1800mA then i'm guessing it'll put out a good 500 (not 900) lumens. Which is still awsome for under $60.:thumbsup:

fandango

Newly Enlightened
its not a p7 but the sku 16538 should fit the bill,it uses a cree r2 @230lum and is a really good thrower out to 80-100 yards,

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
WF-1000L throws nicely (both P7 and MC-E).

On KD or ebay you can find Solarforce L900 which is great thrower.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to wait 2 weeks or so until shiningbeam gets there stock in, although I don't know exactly what kind of quad die lights they will be getting. However, they are a great dealer.