Anyone ever heard of the brand "HiLight"?

fadetoblack73

Newly Enlightened
Just like the title says. A friend of mine bought one at a Gun Show a couple of weeks ago. It runs on two CR123 batteries. It's about as bright as my old two D-Cell LED MagLite; maybe slightly brighter. He was told that it used a Cree LED manufactured in N.C. by the vendor that sold it. It was also supposed to have a Lifetime Warranty. The only problem is that it didn't come with any paperwork. It just came with a box with no markings, a lanyard and the batteries. So the "Lifetime" warranty is pretty much useless. But, he only paid $20 for it. So he will probably get his money's worth.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
hilight.jpg

Specifications:
• Best LED bulb by CREE. CREE is a world leading LED company based in North Carolina
• 185 lumen output with 2 CR123 batteries ( batteries not included)
• Rugged aerospace-grade, Type III anodized aluminum body
• O-ring sealed, weatherproof, anti-shattering ultra clean lens
• Weapon mountable, Tactical momentary-on forward switch

$49.95 on ebay. It looks a bit DX-ish to me.

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
"bought one at a Gun Show"

"didn't come with any paperwork".

"box with no markings...."

"paid $20 for it".

Sounds like a oversea's private branding effort to me. How many "Police" and "SWAT" lights have we seen at the Gun shows. Probably a good light for the price and hopefully he got to test it and play with it prior to handing over his money. What you can't always do with a DX deal.

Bob

fadetoblack73

Newly Enlightened
I guess I am not allowed to post images yet. But it is the same one as "Zatoichi" posted except the writing on it is white.

twtalley55

Newly Enlightened
Just like the title says. A friend of mine bought one at a Gun Show a couple of weeks ago. It runs on two CR123 batteries. It's about as bright as my old two D-Cell LED MagLite; maybe slightly brighter. He was told that it used a Cree LED manufactured in N.C. by the vendor that sold it. It was also supposed to have a Lifetime Warranty. The only problem is that it didn't come with any paperwork. It just came with a box with no markings, a lanyard and the batteries. So the "Lifetime" warranty is pretty much useless. But, he only paid $20 for it. So he will probably get his money's worth.
Hey, I bought one of these lights at a gun show for $69 (ouch). It lasted about a week before it quit!!! I would love to know if anyone knows how to get in touch with this guy so I could go see him??