Thanks to this board. Newbie here

dabadboy

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking and getting into this new hobby for just a couple months and want to thank this board for having such in depth information.

I can't say that I'm as hardcore as some of you guys but all the study and research you guys have done have helped me make very educated decisions on my purchases.

I use a flashlight daily because I take my dogs for a walk in my area which is pretty much all forest. So when I realized that a heavy dim maglite just didn't quite fit the bill anymore I found you guys over here.

So in a span of months I've purchased the following lights.

Surefire U2
Tiablo A9
Tiablo ACE
Tiablo A1

on it's way.

MTE MCE from DX
Oracle 24W HID

I don't intend on doing beamshots and stuff or anything but overall I'm really happy with the Tiablo's. I understand that Surefire are built better (my U2 feels a lot more heavier duty than the Tiablos) but I find that the value in the Tiablo's are excellent. My ACE can light up everything from 10ft-200ft BRIGHT! and I take my A9 in my businss bag for daily needs.
I haven't tried Feenix or any other brands yet.

I'm excited about my first HID light which should be here soon.

Thanks again and maybe one day I'll make some contributions to this board.

A. from Vancouver Canada.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy dabadboy and welcome to CPF,
Seems to me that you've made an excellent start with your recent light purchases....... however......... we really do LOVE beamshot comparisons, and if at some point you feel inclined to try your hand at it I'm sure you would find it to be quite fun.

Anyway, enjoy your new lights!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

I hope you like it here!

Do you have any maglites, they are a good base for many mods here(start here).

It seems like you jumped right into this hobby!

dabadboy

Newly Enlightened
I've got a silver 2D Maglite which before I came here bought a maglite LED upgrade which was a waste of $$$.

What could you recommend?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I've got a silver 2D Maglite which before I came here bought a maglite LED upgrade which was a waste of $$$.

What could you recommend?

What price range?
Output?
Throw?

Also you can swap in a current gen LED to the MagLED drop-in for double or more output(2x or more efficient). The thread is also in the Maglite drop-in/mods thread, look under MagDs and Cs under "Maglite's own drop-ins" for Seoul mod.
-----
Thanks Derek Dean!