Woohoo- found my long-lost Fenix P2D! :)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny how exciting this is... I've got a few really nice, expensive lights lying around on my desk (along with knives, watches, etc) and I'm smiling because I just found my long lost Fenix P2D!

I was scrounging through an old back pack looking for a mulititool when I found the little bugger hiding in a small interior pocket.

Woohoo!

This made my day.:twothumbs

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
Funny how exciting this is...

Woohoo!

This made my day.:twothumbs

I know exactly how exciting that could be!

One of my first quality lights was an Inova Radiant 2-AAA. Not a great thrower, but a great little pocket light, dependable, and good for up close inspection. It was also loved because it only cost me about $4 on clearance at Target.

Well the light just disappeared. I would occasionally search for it, rifling through various drawers and coat pockets, to no avail.

Since I had often used it as an "auto" light, I even formed a hypothesis that it was stolen by some kid who discovered it in the car when being shuttled around by one of my two teenage (driving age) kids.

A good year went by, and I was in a collision/body repair shop. I was discussing how to stop rust from spreading near the rear wheel panels with the owner, and I found it in the trunk as I was lifting that large panel covering the spare tire. There it was sitting on top of the spare tire.

My eyes bugged out. The shop owner probably thought I found a gold coin from my reaction. My long lost friend!

The only thing I regret is that I had actually convinced myself that one of my kid's friend's had stolen it.

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Congrats on finding your light :thumbsup:

It's funny how attached we can get to stuff without knowing
it until it disappears.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Chronos! It's always nice to find something that you figured was long gone. You realize how nice of a light the Fenix's are once you lose one or two of them.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice I wish I could find my L1T,I loved that light and still have hope its in this house somewhere.This post is gonna have me searching for it once again

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
Speaking of long lost lights, am I the only one who remembers these things?
http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/Fli...isneyland-Flip-Light-with-Key-Chain-1AAA-1959

No, I can't say I remember them (I was born in '57), but I do remember similiar cheap "flip on" type lights in my childhood.

At the infamous weekly flea market in Scranton, PA drive-in last summer, I came across a guy with a box of mint "Clown" flip lights with the plastic lanyard still attached. These looked brand new. I still kick myself for only buying a couple of them (at a whopping $3 each).

http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/Bantam-Lite-Flashlight-Clown-Flip-Light-with-Lanyard-2AA-1960

But they still brought back memories of long lost lights. It seems I (or maybe my brother) had a Boy Scout flip light just like that in the 1960's. It would turn on as you flipped the lid up.

http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/Ban...-America-National-Council-Flip-Light-2AA-1955

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its funny you find your P2D and i lost my P2D rebel about two weeks ago and still can't find it.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
happened to my Fenix L2D...

About a month-and-a-half ago, I lost an L2D from the inside pocket of my jacket. I was distraught, as I had never lost a good flashlight before. I was glad I had picked up my first two SFs, but I was still upset. I found it about a week later in my car, where it must have worked its way free in the back seat of my car. I was so thankful. That experience made a major impression on me. Now, every time I take my leather jacket off, and every time I pick it up, I check that inside jacket by reaching inside. I'm kind of wondering if I ever get questioned by an LEO wondering if I'm checking for a roscoe...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never carried any of my lights using the pocket clip for fear of losing it.I have lost enough knives that way.Always in my pocket or holster on belt.

IMSabbel

Enlightened
I did find my original luxon L0P after more than a year again.

It was in the coin pocket of a now-too-small jeans...

Duglite

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, it's shocking how jeans can shrink. Lousy cloth. Or something.
I think it's when the cloth is exposed to food substances. For some reason, the more often I spill food on my jeans, the more they eventually shrink. It's a slightly delayed effect, and washing the fabric doesn't seem to make any difference.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its funny you find your P2D and i lost my P2D rebel about two weeks ago and still can't find it.

Thanks everyone! I forgot how great this little light is.

Pretty rugged (though the tailcap still seems cheap- the way it plings when engaged... oh well), tiny, great output, and fairly simple UI.

276... er, this one is an early Cree version... :sssh::devil: Honest. :)

Thanks everyone. These Fenix lights always surprise me in the "bang for the buck" measurement. Though the output numbers are DRAMATICALLY exaggerated, overall they are pretty good lights.

This one will once again take part in my EDC rotation. Once I get it back from my kids who take glee in strobing everyone with it. :whistle: