[Computer security] Update your Flash Player as soon as practical

mechBgon

Enlightened
If you have Adobe Flash Player installed on Windows, Mac or Linux, update Flash Player to fix a serious, exploitable security vulnerability.

If you use Flash Player 10, go to Adobe's Player Download Page for the latest version of FP10.

If you use Flash Player 9 (and I believe this would include Win98/ME folks), you can download the fixed version of FP9 from this page at Adobe (scroll down to the Solution section). Note that there are two downloads, one for Internet Explorer, and one for "Netscape" (which also is for FireFox, Mozilla proper, and Opera).

How do I tell what version of Flash Player I have? Go to this page at Adobe and it'll tell you.

Tip for Windows users: there are two "flavors" of Flash Player for Windows... one version for Internet Explorer, and another version for other browsers. As a best practice, I suggest updating Flash Player for all your browsers, regardless of which browser you routinely use.

So for example, if you have FireFox installed, visit Adobe's Player Download Page with FireFox, and then visit it with Internet Explorer too, to get both of them updated.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Sounds like Apple can't brag they are free from exploits. :sssh:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they still haven't addressed all the issues.

From the Adobe website:
Adobe is planning to release updates to Adobe Reader and Acrobat to resolve the relevant security issue. Adobe expects to make available an update for Adobe Reader 9 and Acrobat 9 by March 11th, 2009. Adobe is planning to make updates for Adobe Reader 7 and 8, and Acrobat 7 and 8, available by March 18th.