Stainless LD01 vs. aluminum version?

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Weight of LD01 stainles vs aluminum?

Does anyone know the weight of the special edition stainless LD01 vs the weight of the standard one?

There is nothing on the official fenicx site and all of teh dealer sites state they are the same weight. I can't see how a stainless light could weigh the same as an aluminum one :confused:

Does anyone have any details of th real weight of teh stainless one compared to teh aluminum one?

1anrm

Enlightened
Re: Weight of LD01 stainles vs aluminum?

Please check it again. The weight is both in 4sevens and official Fenix site.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't look at the weight...

Either you want the cool ss model or you want a little powerfull flashlight. If you can't decide, get both, you can always make a present out of one of them! :whistle:

wings

Newly Enlightened

I have both but usually carry the aluminium due to its lighter weight.

Lurchensteen

Newly Enlightened

I myself can say there is a big difference in weight. I have the LD01 S.S and a close friend and fellow CPFer has the alu model . The LD01 S.S feels much more robust.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have both of them too but I seldom use the ss model because I find its weight excessive for the size. :shakehead

gunga

Flashaholic

The weight difference between the two feels quite substantial. The funny thing is, it's only about 1 ounce.

In any case, I edc the stainless one because I like my gear to continue looking great even though it lives a rough life with my keys!

Pontiaker

Enlightened

I EDC the SS version among other lights, I got used to the extra weight very fast. It just feels so much better in hand everytime I pull it out to play with it:thumbsup:

snatiep

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone!

I have a couple of AA lights and would like something smaller. 1xAAA in particular.

I have looked at the LF2X, but I dont know if I would like the user interface. Much more than I need.

I am going to order an EO1 simply because they are inexpensive and come recommended here.

What would the advantage of the stainless steel LD01 be over the aluminum version?

How does the LD01 compare to the LF2X?

Thank you all for your help!

EntropyQ3

Newly Enlightened
How does the LD01 compare to the LF2X?
You need to be honest with yourself - what do you want the light for?
If you want a small dependable light, with sensible design, and excellent efficiency - get the LD01 and save some size and money in the process. If you want a small light to fiddle around with when bored, or if you specifically need a very low lowest light level, buy the LF2X.

Personally, I find it very difficult to be honest with myself. :)

Edit: They both get the job done beautifully.

Last edited:

IMSabbel

Enlightened
I have both lights, too.

I dont use the liteflux anymore. Its just too much of a hassle to use. It has so many useless features that make to gui close to unusable in the real world..

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi, I'm choosing between the two lights ( Fenix LD01 and LiteFlux LF2X ) too.

It's the second time I read that the Fenix is more efficient than the LiteFlux: what does it mean?

When adjusted to the same light output the batteries in Fenix will last longer. But the LF2X can stretch batteries longer than LD01, because it has a lower low.

I could not decide with one to get:

DSC_3226.jpg

STi

Newly Enlightened
I was gonna get the alloy one but then found the SS version for the same price $41 plus free shipping and free batteries ..I couldn't pass it up...I figured i would bust out my dremel and make it have a Mirror finish like my Pistol barrels!

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was gonna get the alloy one but then found the SS version for the same price $41 plus free shipping and free batteries ..I couldn't pass it up...I figured i would bust out my dremel and make it have a Mirror finish like my Pistol barrels!

Looks really nice polished up and my wife uses it as a lipstick mirror. Hey, it stops her complaining about me having a torch all the time.

nbp

Flashaholic
When adjusted to the same light output the batteries in Fenix will last longer. But the LF2X can stretch batteries longer than LD01, because it has a lower low.

I could not decide with one to get:

DSC_3226.jpg

Warning! Thread HiJack! Hey, what's an Arc-U?? Was that what they called premiums before they switched to Arc-P labeling?