Homicide Victim Alive

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_11734550

Negligent homicide victim is alive

Davis County prosecutors have a problem with a negligent homicide case -- no one's dead.

The county attorney's office learned Wednesday the victim had, in fact, survived the motorcycle crash that was thought to have killed him.

"We were working under the assumption the victim had passed," said Deputy Davis County Attorney Steve Major.
Uhm, what can be said? Paperwork over legwork?
Heard this on the radio the other day, wanted to get the 'rest of the story' :)

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Nope, all the lawyers basically protected themselves when they set up the system.
If the judge or prosecutor makes a mistake there is no recourse. Seriously, retard judges can make horrible decisions and there is no punishment.
He may not get promoted but if he is already high then he might not care.
If a cop does then they can sue him and take his home.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
This wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened. I recall reading about a guy who was involved in a horrific automobile accident somewhere in Latin America. The coroner figured out that the victim was not dead when he cut into his face with a scalpel and the corpse started to bleed, then stir from the pain of being cut, then awaken. Apparently, corpses do not bleed.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I had a morgue dude tell me a story like the last one once. A body was found on a park bench, probaly a homeless guy but it was all bloaded and smelled awful, so when the paramedics came they just pronounced him dead without doing the electronics test because the body just was that bad. But when the transport guys came to take away the body the dude woke up and they realized he wasnt dead.