Have you heard of this 450 Lumen Flashlight?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets just say, it wasn't pretty... I'd say stay away, from what's been posted here...

Darkcobra

Enlightened
OK. . . I've just read the bulk of the information from this company... Stay away! I'm glad CPF was here otherwise I would probably be losing my money.

Thanks all!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you can have a 700+ lumens MEGA6 from Inretech in a 2C body driven by 3CR123s...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Well, you can have a 700+ lumens MEGA6 from Inretech in a 2C body driven by 3CR123s...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can??? Really? Non a 6D but 2C??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm running Inretech's Helios off of 6AAs in a 2D Mag body... You can also run the Mega6 off of 6AAs in a 2D body. Or just switch it out for 3 CR123s in a 2C body...

Helios in a 2D Mag:
fc4744ea.jpg

Helios 6AA-2D compared to 2C Mag and Surge:
fc43b47f.jpg

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
I'm running Inretech's Helios off of 6AAs in a 2D Mag body... You can also run the Mega6 off of 6AAs in a 2D body. Or just switch it out for 3 CR123s in a 2C body...

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of runtimes are you getting from the AAs ?

TIA

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
With Maha 2Ah NiMHs, I'm getting just a little less than an hour of runtime (around 50-55 minutes)...

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

My old 2D Mag + a couple of elektrolumens 3-two-D battery holders = A great home for a Helios /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might actually try monkeywrenching 12AAs in a 4D body (2x 6AA holders) for double the runtime...

paulr

Flashaholic
The Mega6 needs 10x as much power as the Helios and I doubt you can run it on three 123's for more than a few seconds. Best bet might be 7 of the Powerstream battlebot cells in a 4D Mag body.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul,

You are welcome to try the battery combinations, just make sure to keep the current under those postings you see above

Mega6 <= 4.5Amps
Helios <= 2.3Amps

I run my White HELIOS with 3xD 3.5v Air Batteries, and it works GREAT - not having to carry around the MONSTER 6D; unfort I can only run it for 5 minutes and then I have to open it up and let it Breathe

--------------------
Mike
http://www.inretech.com/

From this thread...

It's double the current at 9V... The Mega6 is not actually 10X the power demand of the Helios... I'd guesstimate a 15 minute runtime with 3 CR123s for the Mega6...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i think a 120lumen rating would be far more accurate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

mr g is one of the very few (only?) people on cpf whom i have encountered that deserved not only a banning, but a beating.

i wonder if his company is under investigation of some sort? certainly the better business bureu has heard of him by now?

i am hesitant to say this, but i wonder if it is even possible that goncz is a "front" for something else altogether?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
I heard he writes speaches for debating and public speaking competitions.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"your opinion is wrong! george washington himself personally told me that he far prefers his goncz lights to surefires! what? you don't believe me?! you're an idiot! you should rethink your ideas because you are wrong!"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shrap, that'll probably be a better idea to send off to Inretech, as I only have the Super6 to test out, and am not sure if its board is volt/amp regulated or not.

BTW, I only pointed out to CR123 usage to conserve space in a 2C body. Your runtime's obviously not going to be that high. I suppose I can have 12 1/5A NiMHs rigged up in a 2x6 series/parellel configuration and have 9A 800mah capacity in a 1D modded body for ultimate carry, but that's nothing more than size arguments... I'd prefer running it off of Sub-C NiMHs if I couldn't help it, but for now, the 6AA NiMH in a 2D and 12AA NiMH in a 4D body would do. In any case, the Mega6 and Helios were supposed to be fed off of 6Ds, and that would jump the runtime tremendously...