First Surefire.

sph3ric_pyramid

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the delivery guy showed up with a very nice SureFire 6P-BLK on Sunday.

The fit and finish is excellent, it's very solidly built. Much smaller than I expected, as well! Loaded it up with a couple CR123As, and it's pretty bright, especially when compared to something like the MiniMag.

Anyways...How does the 6P Original measure up to the rest of the SureFire line (in lights of similar output and size)? I'm guessing that the 6P is your run-of-the-mill SureFire, in terms of size, weight, and output: kind of like the BM Griptilian line, in knife terms, in not being overly specialized in one way or another.

This light'll be seeing a lot of use, if I can get over the battery costs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

signals

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sph3ric_pyramid said:
Anyways...How does the 6P Original measure up to the rest of the SureFire line (in lights of similar output and size)? I'm guessing that the 6P is your run-of-the-mill SureFire, in terms of size, weight, and output: kind of like the BM Griptilian line, in knife terms, in not being overly specialized in one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no expert, but I believe the only difference between a 6P and the other "standard" 6 volt Surefires is the body. They use the same lamps, and consequently have the same output. You will have to go for a 9 volt surefire for more output.

As far as size, most of the 6 volt Surefires are pretty close to each other in size with the e2/e2e being the exception (It is smaller.) The differences are in "features" like the combat grip or the pocket clip, or in the G2's case, the body material.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Congrats on your new light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Kevin

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
spheric_pyramid: i'm glad you like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if you buy your batteries online you can get them pretty cheaply. better still if you can get them direct from the factories there if you have some contacts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kevin: you are not wrong! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
The 6P comes with the P60 low output lamp assembly. At 65 lumens, it's similar in output to the E2/E2e. If you really want to see something, purchase the P61 high output lamp assembly. At 120 lumens, you'll get a significantly further throw and a lot more output. The P61 will blow away an E2/E2e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said: If you really want to see something, purchase the P61 high output lamp assembly. At 120 lumens, you'll get a significantly further throw and a lot more output. The P61 will blow away an E2/E2e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You'll get 5 more lumens then an E2e with the 6P's standard (P60 lamp). With the P61 you'll get 60 more lumens then a E2e but only 20 minutes of use from the batteries. I think if you're already complaining about battery prices you'd best stick with the P60.

Skyline

Enlightened
sph3ric_pyramid,

You're aware of Surefire's $1.25 per SF123A prices now right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif