Newbie to HID. Best bang for buck $150 or less?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I am new to HID. In fact I don't own any HID for lack of knowledge. I searched the threads of interest and read the reviews but no info on the technology that makes them different from incandescent. I could just read it on Wikipidia, but I beleive you folks more.

I am looking into a good camping light with 24 watts plus with awesome run time. The smaller the better, but If it is big its okay too.

I see the Vector light with 35w and It is inexpensive, but massive.

Anything else I could looke at???

BigBoy2U

Newly Enlightened
Boy, I was in the same place as you are when I came across this forum in search of a battery for my old 10MCP light. After stumbling across all the posts about the POB SLH100P or SLH100V I was impressed, but sad that I walked past them I don't know how many times at Sam's club and never bought one. But then I found they are tough to find (I did locate 4 of them recently I just bought @ $51 each shipped) So I picked up a couple for me and my friend while (after a lot of reading on here!) waiting for the
AmondoTech TITANIUM N30 from Battery Junction to be back in stock end of next month. Still for the money not sure you can beat a POB.

I don't know what do you guys think, the N30 vs The Tactical 35W?
N30 Runs around $50 less delivered?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note that next batch of N30 will be noticeably more expensive.