Charging Both The Streamlight Stinger and Stinger LED

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a Streamlight Stinger issued from work for quite some time now. This morning I stopped by our county shop for an oil change and I was given a brand new Streamlight Stinger LED. I already have a car charger in my unmarked Impala and I don't want another charger. I am thinking of simply alternating the two Stingers from time to time in the existing car charger. I am just curious what people here think would be the appropriate time for swapping them. For example, would a daily swap be appropriate? I normally work during primarily daylight hours, so it won't be used a lot, but obviously I want it ready to go when need be. Also, these will not be the only flashlights in my car. I expect, at least for right now, that I will continue carrying my Pelican 7060 in the car.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if this answers your question, but the Stinger and Stinger LED use the same battery, which gets a full charge on the "slow" charger (the standard charger) in about 10 hours. You can leave it in the charger indefinitely with no prob, as it trickle charges when full. When off the charger, they will keep a full charge or close to full charge for at least a few days - someone smarter than me could tell you just how long. If you are not using a one of the lights, you should be able to leave it off the charger for a few days. Swapping them every day or every few days should be groovy.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I'm not smarter than powernoodle, but do what you want to do with your Stinger/Stinger LED. As was noted, it is the same battery pack so use same maintenance for your Streamlight's as before. TheStinger LED will certainly last longer, charge wise. I use Stingers, and a SuperSinger setup with Ultra head.

Bill