What to do what to do...

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I'm fed up... I just don't know which light works better for me anymore! The E1 has fantastic color, output and form factor, but that damn E01 is so tempting! Well really, its exactly what I need to carry- Excellent water resistance, easier to use one handed due to more aggressive knurling, longer battery life (makes lithium primaries an option) and no silly donut hole or excessive floodiness...

But the E1 has better output and performs better as an area light or candle, plus (and this is the main part) the SSC P4 U2SVOH has so much better color and tint. I mean, it just looks nice where as that GS is a horrid "angery blue" giving everything it touches that ghastly tint.

What would you do? Go with the light which has nicer light, or the one in which virtually everything else is superior? :nana:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
carry both my friend :D

i got an E01 and an LD01 on my keys, a Lummi Raw NS in my coin pocket of my business trousers and a Jet II Pro IBS in my document bag.

And lets not forget spare 2xAAAs, 2xRCR123s and 2x14250s. Now all i need is a major blackout, darnit!!

But on a separate note, the E01 is nice and floody and is great navigating around dark rooms etc. I find the LD01 sometimes a bit too bright (even those DX fauxtons are a bit too bright).

An ideal AAA light (for me) would have a nice warm tint, multi mode and start off on LOW, not med like the LD01 but that's just me and it's really just a quibble anyway.

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already EDC two lights, and I refuse to carry anymore (except when riding, then I add an L1Tv2). My E1 in the spyderco pocket and a Photon 2 with GS/cr2032 on the keys.

Definately can't do anything else on the keys as I already have a SAK and a bottle opener- they already are pushing too bulky. I mean, I carry for function and both lights will work fine for me... Its just tough to choose between the throw and easy on/off of the E01 and the absolutely beautiful color of the E1!!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I was confused at first when you mentioned the fantastic color of the E1. I was thinking the E1 and E01 are not much different in tint. Then I read on. So you hot rodded the old E1 with an SSC? I wouldn't give that up, but the E01 is still plenty nice and cheap enough to have just for grins.

Geoff