Is this a clone of something else

zoomin0074

Newly Enlightened
I'm new here but have a couple of lights now I want more. I currently have a streamlight scorpion, MAGled, and a no name brand 1 watt xenon light.. I saw this light at microcenter and was wondering if it is a clone of something else or a rebrand. I would like to get more lights but would rather buy local instead of from Hong Kong.

Miracle Beam Ultra-Lite 3 Watt LED Flashlight http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0275555

edc3

Enlightened
Looks like a wannabe Surefire 6PL, but with an optic.

By the way, :welcome:

Marduke

Flashaholic
It's a 6P + Malkoff clone.

Good luck buying local. Most good lights must be ordered online from dealers all over the world. Very few decent modern lights are stocked on store shelves.

zoomin0074

Newly Enlightened
So would the miracle beam be a decent pocket light? I am also looking at the Dorcy 220 light at sears. I would get the sears 6aaa light that is 170 lumens but dont want AAA lights. I would rather have 123 or 18650 batts. I know I am limited buying local but that way if I dont like it I just return it.

edc3

Enlightened
+1 what Tekno_Cowboy wrote. All of those online sellers are very reputable and you should have no problems with returning items to them. I completely understand your desire to buy locally, but honestly, you could make the mistake many of us have made and waste a lot of money on overpriced, under performing lights or put that money towards higher quality lights. It's a lesson we learned so you wouldn't have to. :shakehead

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd avoid that light. It probably uses a Luxeon I or III so wouldn't be as bright as a cheaper current gen LED light from Dealextreme or Kaidomain(though shipping could take a while). Shiningbeam also sells a few of the lights that DX has and they are in the US so shipping is faster. Instead of that, I'd get the Romisen RC-F4 Q5 with forward clickie from shiningbeam.

:welcome:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I saw those at my local microcenter. IMHO they are over-priced for a 3AAA light. They might make a good mod host assuming you can get the thing apart. Most 3AAA-carrier lights will fit an 18500 cell and some accept 1x18650.

zoomin0074

Newly Enlightened
Well buying online is not going to be easy.. I only buy toys/hobby stuff with cash.. I guess I could go and use cash to get one of those prepaid debit cards, only problem is they charge you like 10$ activation fee. I will goto sears, lowes and check on craigslist and see what I can find.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Many of the stores mentioned here have a member ship or more here. Shiningbeam might accept money orders if you PM or email them. I don't remember his profile name though.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Looks like a wannabe Surefire 6PL, but with an optic.

By the way, :welcome:

I've had one for a while. Picked it up on sale and it came with the batteries. It's a pretty good light actually. I was trying to find out about the weird lens with the hole in the middle. What's a lens like that called? What's the point of it?

fishx65

Enlightened
The Dorcy 220 at Sears is an awesome light but far from a pocket light. If you are interested in the 220, Dorcydirect.com has the best deal when you use the CPF code "CANDLE". A really nice lowcost 2-123 torch is the Solarforce L2. A fellow member can sell you a whole Solarforce package that includes everything including a charger and 18650 battery for around $40.00 shipped. There are some good threads on here about both of these lights.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had one for a while. Picked it up on sale and it came with the batteries. It's a pretty good light actually. I was trying to find out about the weird lens with the hole in the middle. What's a lens like that called? What's the point of it?

on this page, you can see a TIR optic:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186771
the cone like glass thing

it replaces a reflector for (some of the time) more efficient transmission and a different beam profile.

recDNA

Flashaholic
on this page, you can see a TIR optic:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186771
the cone like glass thing

it replaces a reflector for (some of the time) more efficient transmission and a different beam profile.

Thanks. It does make a nice smooth beam. I know the MiracleBeam isn't in a league of what we see here but it was my first CR123 flashlight and in a roundabout way it helped me discover this forum. I like the optic better than the reflector on my T20C with all the rings.