Anyone carry a light just because it's cool

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
I've been edc'ing torches long before I found CPF but of course this community has turned me on to a whole new world of lights.

I recently picked up a JetBeam Element E3P beacuse it looked pocketable as a AA backup light.

When it came in I was initially disappointed in it's size and weight but I quickly realized this was a really cool looking light with it's polished smooth appearance.

I find myself carrying it more and more, it's heavy!, it's slippery to hold on to and grab but it is just so COOL looking. I know that's probably shallow for a true flashoholic but when I gain that status maybe I will grow up. I guess maybe because my non-torch buddies are never impressed with a cool UI and the cleanest beam but I show them the element, let them hold it and I get a definite high five. My only other COOL light is my M6 but that's quite a bit more challenging to EDC.

The performance of the light is good but not stellar so it serves my modest needs as an EDC but just seems impratical.

Anyone else pick their rotational EDC sometimes due just to the cool factor?

Bob

scottaw

Enlightened
I usually carry a 120P b/c i think it's ther perfect edc/pocket light. But sometimes I carry my L1 just b/c I like it. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome light, great grip, great beam, etc. It's just not a good pocket carry b/c the clip is too small and the knurling attacks my jeans. But it looks cool and feels great in the hand, so it wins sometimes.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
i carry my D10 and Wee NS everyday. The Wee around my neck 24/7. I wished I have gotten another material instead of the NS as it loses its shine pretty easily when its around a neck all the time. I stay in Singapore, and if you'd visited Singapore, you will know there is practically no excuse to carry a flashlight almost everywhere. Switch on your light in the streets and you are bound to be looked at like an alien! :shakehead The light pollution here is obscenely high :faint: Anyway, I did find a few occassion to put my lights to real practical use instead of playing them :D

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually settle in to a few certain lights...

but i always carry my newer lights for at least a few days, just to play with them..

Crenshaw

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually settle in to a few certain lights...

but i always carry my newer lights for at least a few days, just to play with them..

+1 :thumbsup: When I receive a new light I will add it to my EDC, but it doesn't replace what I was previously carrying. I will still carry whatever I was before so I can constantly compare old vs new.

seaside

Enlightened
I am sure someone would carry something just because it looks cool, because there must be more than one person like my little brother.

Carrying something for fun is quite ok, as long as they're not trying to show it off to the other people when others never ask for it.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
over here in the uk, the 6d mag is king of cool, mines equiped with the terralux 300m so actually has some light aswell, perfect for walking the dog.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
i carry my D10 and Wee NS everyday. The Wee around my neck 24/7. I wished I have gotten another material instead of the NS as it loses its shine pretty easily when its around a neck all the time. I stay in Singapore, and if you'd visited Singapore, you will know there is practically no excuse to carry a flashlight almost everywhere. Switch on your light in the streets and you are bound to be looked at like an alien! :shakehead The light pollution here is obscenely high :faint: Anyway, I did find a few occassion to put my lights to real practical use instead of playing them :D

Same here. I live in NY where there's just way too much ambient lights. It's such a sharp contrast in comparison to some areas that I've been to where by 8:00pm, the town is dead, no street lights anywhere.

I don't have any friends, family members, or coworkers that are flashaholics (at least none that I know of), so I could be carrying a McGizmo light, and they'll think I picked it up at Home depot or something. That's why what I EDC is based on what I think looks good and not caring about what other people think about them. Some of them have seen the lights that I EDC, but they don't really comment about them.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't carry or do anything because it is cool.
I carry a light simply because I like it. Usually a McGizmo.

Size15's

Flashaholic
You havent been giving your ICON any attention then have you 15's? =D
In fact the Rogue 1 draws a lot of attention and the reactions from many people tend to be including 'So when will it be in the shops then?'
It's far more eye-catching and desirable than some 'dull' grey L1 thing.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
+1 :thumbsup: When I receive a new light I will add it to my EDC, but it doesn't replace what I was previously carrying. I will still carry whatever I was before so I can constantly compare old vs new.

Same here new lights always get edc'd and compared to the old lights. Unfortunately haven't bought any lights that can replace my jetII or 120p so far. I sometimes carry the nightcore extreme just cause it feels so nice in your hand and looks awesome. Wish someone would design a light like that with a better UI.

redsfairlane

Newly Enlightened
Someone thought my SS Peak was prety cool when they saw it, but it is older and single level, I don't EDC it any more.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hardly think anyone thinks I am cool because I carry a flashlight. On the contrary, I'll bet most people think I am a nerd for carrying one. Actually, I am a nerd but don't give a damn what people think; cool or a nerd, either way it doesn't matter. I carry a flashlights because I like flashlights and sometimes I actually find a use for them.