• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler for Zebralight warm white modding service

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to get a feel for the number of CPF members that would be interested in this service.

I have done an H30, so I'm positive that can be done. If there is enough interest I'll experiment with other models.

If you are interested, what do you feel this service is worth?

H30WW.jpg

Edwood

Enlightened
I'd be interested. Got close up pics of the emitter end of your modded H30?

-Ed

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
What tint are you using?

The XR-Es I have now, came from www.ledsupply.com. They do not list bin codes on the website. I have just sent an email asking for more details.

They offer a 4000k Neutral White (which I believe to be 5A, but don't know for sure) and a 3000k Warm White. I have and can get more of both.

I used one of the 3000ks in mine and that is what I recommend for nighttime use. However, I'd be happy to install any XR-E you want. If it's something I can order, I'll do so. If you have the XR-E you want installed in your posession, you can send it to me along with your light and I'll install that.

I'm flexible.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just heard back from LED Supply, here are the bin codes for what they have.

XRENW-L1 is 9F5 4C which is 73.9 Lumen at 4300K
XREWW-L1 is 8F8 7C which is 73.9 Lumen at 2900K

EDIT: Just cross referenced the kit numbers with the Cree XLamp binning and labeling documentation.
9F5 = P4
8F8 = P3

These guys ship stateside, so I can place an order and receive it within 3 days. If you want something other than these, please let me know of a reliable stateside supplier. I could order from cutter, for example, but lord knows how long that would take.

Last edited:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, just FYI, I am looking into silicone based thermal encapsulants to replace the OEM gray goo. I'll probably be able to find something even better than what Zebralight is using. So, modded lights should be as good as or better than new.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go Ed...

Ignore the lint, it's been in my backpack.
H30WWCloseOff.jpg

H30WWCloseOff2.jpg

And another one, just for fun...
H30WWOnWBand.jpg

Last edited:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler for Zebralight warm white modding service and complete WW H30s

Just heard back from Zebralight today, they do offer bulk discounts and very reasonable minimum orders.

Looks like it will be feasible to order H30s mod them then sell the complete lights.

Still on the lookout for 5A XR-Es.

Still shopping for a silicon based thermal encapsulant.

djj

Newly Enlightened
Don't know what the shipping is from Australia, or how long it takes to get to the US, but Cutter has them for ~$12. They also have Q3-5C, which might be an even nicer tint than 5A, being closer to the BBL. I've only seen 5A, though.

http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=48

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know what the shipping is from Australia, or how long it takes to get to the US, but Cutter has them for ~$12. They also have Q3-5C, which might be an even nicer tint than 5A, being closer to the BBL. I've only seen 5A, though.

http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=48

Thanks, but I've heard too many horror stories to order from Cutter. Looking for a reliable supplier, not pay and pray.

gunga

Flashaholic

Just heard back from Zebralight today, they do offer bulk discounts and very reasonable minimum orders.

Looks like it will be feasible to order H30s mod them then sell the complete lights.

Still on the lookout for 5A XR-Es.

Still shopping for a silicon based thermal encapsulant.

Hmmm, I'd be interested if the price is right! Bulk buy n mod would be very cool... (or warm!).

:crackup:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm, I'd be interested if the price is right! Bulk buy n mod would be very cool... (or warm!).

I should be able to offer these at a very reasonable price.

If at least 5 people are interested in either P4 4C or P3 7C, I can place an order with ZebraLight and get started now.

If we are hell bent on Q3 5A, we'll have to wait until I can find some.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you need bare emitters? Dereelight sells them on the small stars for a reasonable price.

I'm interested. I have a H30, but the output as it is is pretty weak, I'd be afraid of losing too much output.

gunga

Flashaholic
I do have some spare 5A crees on small stars from Netkidz group buy (a few I was planning to use, but could use on one of these).

I already have an H30 too, but it all depends on cost...

Buying a new modded one might be cheaper, then just sell the old one (for me that is)...

Warm cree in one of these would be pretty awesome.