Help with paypal

seaside

Enlightened
Hi guys.

I ordered something at "you know where", then realised I paid with bank account thru paypal.

The thing is paypal set my bank account as primary, so I have to change my payment method to credit card every single time I use it. I am kinda fed up with that. I forgot that this time, and yeah, I know, that's late night. I was tired, my medication kicked in.

I prefer paying with credit card than from bank account, because I want a kind of protection credit card offers. Especially, when the website says "in-stock" and my order page says "pending - waiting for supplier".

Is there anyway to set credit card as primary payment method at paypal FOR GOOD?

Thanks.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that I know of if you have both attached to your account, paypal hate you using CC because they'll have to pay CC company fee whereas no fee for bank, so they'll make you using bank account as much as they can.

What I ended up doing is making two accounts, one premium with only CC attached, one regular with bank attached. I pay stuff with premium account (unless it's a personal transaction where seller requests cash pp) so paypal cannot make me use bank account. Of course this would only work if you don't sell loads of stuff since you need to transfer fund to regular account in order to deposit into bank, and regular account can receive only $500 per month.

But "you know where" is good with refund fortunately, if you are tired of waiting and request a refund they'll do it within a week.

seaside

Enlightened
Thank jzmtl, so its not only me, its paypal policy. I see the point why they do that, but that kinda sucked.

Well the site so far failed to give me great impression though, I will give them at least a week to move my order arround before I made any decision.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank jzmtl, so its not only me, its paypal policy. I see the point why they do that, but that kinda sucked.

Well the site so far failed to give me great impression though, I will give them at least a week to move my order arround before I made any decision.

That's the way that type of business works, they actually don't have anything in stock (well maybe a few most popular things), everything you order is obtained from their suppliers after you place your order so it can take from a few days or up to infinity to ship them out. If something say "will ship in 2 to 5 days typically", in my experience don't bother unless you are willing to wait 2 months for it.