• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Mr. Bulk Lights

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I am looking for some Chameleons, Cubs and Dragonhearts.

If you have any just sitting on a shelf that you are willing to part with, please let me know.

Last edited:

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two mint, unused, "as new", Titanium Mr Bulk Cub II's. I am willing to sell one. PM me if interested.

These run on RCR123A rechargable cells.

The FF thread is here. You can see my lights are number 2 and 3 on the list.

I live in England, UK, and would ship any method you request.

Thanks

David :thumbsup:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi RocketTomato,

I have two Cubs available here. A very Rare Ti Cub and a Ti Cub II. PM me if you are interested in either light.

Best Wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

shuter

Enlightened
RocketTomato - A bit of information on the Ti Mr. Bulk lights being offered.

The original Ti Cub that Steve L has listed is the only one I have seen become available. It is one of the most difficult gets out there. There were a total of thirteen made but it seems that many escaped to the wild never to be seen again. If you want a Ti Cub it may be years 'til another becomes available.

The Ti Cub II is from what may well be the very last run of Mr. Bulk lights. There were only fifty produced in that run and will be no more.

donn_

Flashaholic
There is another, even more rare LionCub in titanium.

IMGP2541.jpg

The McBulk, a Ti LionCub sporting a shaved down McLux Ti 27mm head and 4 different bodies; smooth 18650, grooved 18500, grooved and footed 17500 and smooth fat-foot RPM 123.

:thumbsup:

shuter

Enlightened
Donn - Ahhhhhh a McBulk. Rare indeed! :D

My favorite is the DamCham. A Ti Damascus Chameleon that a few had flamed by a knifemaker. Drop dead gorgeous!

I'm betting you have one...... Picture?

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Sent off some PMs and e-mails to various parties.

Also, thanks for the great pics everyone. Those DamChams are extraordinary pieces. Anyone know how many were made and how much they initally sold for?

Donn, what is the history of the McBulk you have there?

EricMack, that is a great collection you have. Are those pics of three distinct DamChams? The DamCham in the top pic, does not appear to look like either of the two in the group pic.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sent off some PMs and e-mails to various parties.

Also, thanks for the great pics everyone. Those DamChams are extraordinary pieces. Anyone know how many were made and how much they initally sold for?

Donn, what is the history of the McBulk you have there?

EricMack, that is a great collection you have. Are those pics of three distinct DamChams? The DamCham in the top pic, does not appear to look like either of the two in the group pic.
Hi Rocket Tomato,

Here is a Bulkware reference thread that will answer your questions (I believe 24 DamCham's were made). Good Luck in your search my friend!!!

Here are two more pictures for you.
From L to R: Ti Cub, Ti Cub II, Ti Cub II, Ti Chameleon, Ti Dragon
Flashlights218.jpg

Flashlights214.jpg

Best Wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, two DC's; the top pic was taken by Dad, and the same light is on the right in the bottom pic I took, which was really a bad pic. The DC on the left is actually many shades of brown, and is one of the two Protos. :devil: A few of the DC's were sent to Osprey Guy for special treatment, that would the top one. :thumbsup:

donn_

Flashaholic
(I believe 24 DamCham's were made)

Actually, through either a rift in the continuum or a quirk in Mr. Bulk's production, Mofo managed to get number 25 of 24. :thinking:

Rocket...the McBulk was made by Jochen Schell (ArsMachina). It's a LionCub Control Module jacketed in Ti, adapted to a McLux Ti S27 head (with SSC P4 emitter) which was shaved on the lathe. You can easily see the difference in this photo:

010-15-1.jpg

The light originally came with the smooth Ti 18650 tube shown, and the other bodies were added over time.

All the parts can be interchanged with all other Ti Cub (I and II) parts, and possibly with certain other Mr. Bulk Ti parts.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for some Chameleons, Cubs and Dragonhearts. Please excuse my newbieness, but I believe these lights can be used with CR123 primaries so I mostly interested in CR123 bodies.
The Dragonhearts run on 18500 rechargeables. You could always attach a CR123A Mr.Bulk body but I don´t think that would look too good.

Eric

wallyrulz

Enlightened
I am looking for some Chameleons, Cubs and Dragonhearts. Please excuse my newbieness, but I believe these lights can be used with CR123 primaries so I mostly interested in CR123 bodies.

If you have any just sitting on a shelf that you are willing to part with, please let me know.

I don't believe that any of Charlie's lights used primaries except the VIP. There is lots of discussion from years back, but the bottom line is this; lionhearts, lioncubs, chameleons and dragonhearts don't like primaries. They all use Li-Ion rechargables. Lionheart and Dragonheart came with 18500 bodies, but the others came with 123 bodies, designed for RCR123's only, not CR123 primaries.

HTH.

JeffN

Enlightened
I don't believe that any of Charlie's lights used primaries except the VIP. There is lots of discussion from years back, but the bottom line is this; lionhearts, lioncubs, chameleons and dragonhearts don't like primaries. They all use Li-Ion rechargables. Lionheart and Dragonheart came with 18500 bodies, but the others came with 123 bodies, designed for RCR123's only, not CR123 primaries.

HTH.

You're correct about Lionhearts, since they didn't have a 123 body, but Lioncubs work just fine with primary 123s. Rechargeables will give a much brighter beam, but are not required. That said, I use rechargeables in all of mine.

The Chameleon was designed for a rechargeable, but a primary can be used in a pinch. It will limit the tables that can be used (only the bottom one or two will work), but the light will work fine otherwise.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Thanks for all the great info everyone! I suspected the lights worked best on RCR123s and 18500s, but I was not sure if they were still compatible with primary CR123s.

Looks like I am finally going to have to take the plunge into Li-Ions.