Shotgun Shell lights?

Newly Enlightened
My friend bought two different LED flashlights that look like 12GA Shotgun shells at a tag sale. The seller got them as a gift and did not know where they came from. There are no markings or Serial #s on either of them. These lights are awesome, they both use 1 cr123a battery and are a little bit dimmer than a stock incan 6P. One of these lights uses a legitamate remmington 12GA shotgun shell and comes with a special crimping tool and o-rings to put the light into a different shell. It is pressure sensitive so when you squeeze the sides of the shotgun shell it turns on, if you squeeze it again it will turn off.

The other light is a custum made shotgun shell, the brass flange unscrews to remove the light, then the head of the flashlight unscrews to remove the battery. This one doesnt even have a brand on the shot gun shell, just 12GA-3" MAG- on the flange. What is cool about this flashlight is that to turn it on you just have to contact the flange and percusion cap with your finger, it is only a momentary switch but touch sensitive, it will not work with gloves nor will lt work by contacting the two areas with metal.

Sorry there is no pictures, neither my friend or I have a camera, I do have pictures on my phone but don't know how to put them on the computer.

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO BUY THESE FLASHLIGHTS OR WHO MAKES THEM? I REALLY WANT ONE!

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this it?

1075.jpg

This is a must have for all hunters, shooters and outdoor enthusiasts!
This unique flashlight replicates a giant shotgun shell and has 12 very powerful LEDs. It's fun and useful, and is perfect for anywhere and everyone. This high quality flashlight is made from aluminum and ABS plastic. It runs on AAA cells (included). 6"L x 1.5"D
If so, search for "ShotShell LED Flashlight by Ammo Gifts". They're about $10.

Newly Enlightened
Is this it?

1075.jpg

If so, search for "ShotShell LED Flashlight by Ammo Gifts". They're about $10.

No thats not it, these are real 12GA shot gun shells(the first light anyways) which are 3" long. I been searching for three hours and all I can find is the flashlight you found, a tiny metal shotgunshell lookalike keychain light, and shotgun shell christmas tree lights.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think ppl are just going to think you are carrying around lipstick.

Newly Enlightened
I think ppl are just going to think you are carrying around lipstick.

:laughing: Not something to bring on an airplane either. Hunters would recognize it but I could women mistaking the generic one. I emailed remington, since one of them came in a remington shell maybe they were made by remington, although the shell can be easily swapped. I am shocked that such nice lights don't have any logo or brand on them.

Newly Enlightened
I think if you managed to replace a 12 gauge slug with a CR2 and remove all the primer and stuff there might be enough room for a driver and an LED...dunno about a reflector....but even if its a mule it'll still be awesome.

its not like ammunition have never been flashlighted before you know...
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/bulletlite.htm
:whistle:

I've seen other bullet flashlights before but nothing quite this compact. I have a 12GA laser boresighter thats pretty neat but I never thought of a flashlight in a shell before. You can buy a box of empty, primed, shotgun shells in various colors for pretty cheap, I still have alot of clear and red ones. I thought about making a flashlight to fit inside and borrow my friend's crimping tool but I have no idea what to do, I don't have a lathe or anything that would make it easy. I have a cheap RiverRock 2AAA that I could cut down and use with a 123a but its too small for 12GA and maybe too big for 20GA, plus the crimper will not work with 20GA.