1d mag's dimensions?

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
any one know of the assembled 1d mag's dimensions(head,body,tail clip all assembled)??

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Not all 1D cutdowns are the same. A good example would be a Mac model that has a tailcap switch - the body switch is no longer needed, so it and the entire switch area is completely lopped off. Some also assume/use a shorter spring.

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
mhmm, and there's no way to switch from the side button to a tailclip after one is made right? other than taking it all apart again?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
mhmm, and there's no way to switch from the side button to a tailclip after one is made right? other than taking it all apart again?

No, for side switch cut-downs the tube is cut off from the tail end and for tailcap switch mods the tube is cut from the head end of the tube or both ends. The switch is also the bulb holder so if you mod to a tailcap switch you need a new way to mount the bulb or LED.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can get a tailcap with switch, you should be able to install it in a sideswitch body -- then you'd have to have both switches on, so if you leave the side switch on, then the tailcap switch controls it, and vice versa. I think I've seen where someone did that, but not certain...

I wouldn't do that with a light I might need suddenly, of course -- if both switches are off, you have to click them both to get it on, and you'll probably have to click one of them two or three times if you don't know their states.