• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired looking for neutral white High power LED

ecw218

Newly Enlightened
I'm a video professional and I've built some of my own lighting units in the past for specific apps, like sodium/merc vapor fixtures, etc. I'm experimenting with LED lighting for use in situations where I have limited access to power--but still need a big punch of light. I'm looking to build an array of LEDs to fill up a softbox or bounce into a larger sheet of fabric. Im having a hard time finding a vendor that sells Neutral white (5000k to 6000k) Cree (xre or mc-e, or SSC p7)-- or other high power LEDs. DealExtreme has a good selection but the tend to be in the 6000k to 7000k+ range. Once I find a good source I plan on building a prototype with up to 6 using a BuckPuck by Luxdrive and a 36v power supply. If anyone knows a good vendor for neutral white LEDs, please let me know, or if you have any suggestions or potential pitfalls that I may encouter. Thanks!

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cutter.com.au has 3A crees, and dereelight has 5A crees. I'm not sure what you'll find for MC-E, but Cutter or LED-Tech.de should carry some kind of neutral bin.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you're yet another one of us out to create some led lights for use in the film industry.

Welcome to the party! Lots of cool stuff to be seen here.