Anybody have children already flashaholics

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2 year old son and since we first brought him home he loved watching me play with my lights.I would point them to the ceiling and he would point,cheer and laugh.I have to be careful when i put one down somewhere he can reach if he comes in a room and a flashlight is in reach its the first thing he will grab.He had to go to the doctor a couple weeks ago because when he was born the doctor thought he might have had a seizure and he has been on medicine for it since.
He was going there to take a test and if he past it could stop taking the medicine.The doctor warned us,he said this is going to be a very stressful test for him and he will struggle.The test was basically the fastest strobe light i have seen and very bright also,the tough part was the doc said it would be for 30-40min continually.Its was pretty funny when my son looking at the bright strobe would not stop laughing and pointing.The doctor said he has never seen a kid react like that before.When it was done my son got mad and wanted us to turn it back on.This is when I realized my soon was absolutely addicted to light.Needless to say he past the test.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now.. where do you get one of those strobes? can we get beamshots? runtime? (unless it's a plug-in), pocket clip? :crackup:

LightJaguar

Enlightened
My daughter has liked playing with my flashlights ever since she was about a year and half. Back then she struggled to turn some of them on because the switches were a bit hard and her small fingers could just not do it. Now she is two and half and she knows how to use them pretty well.
My wife has a Nitecore DI which my daughter likes to use.
One time she lost something small and she grabbed the DI, turned it on and started looking under the bed with it. I was very proud father.

Raggasonic

Newly Enlightened
My 1 year old daughter turned flashaholic 2 months ago.
I was playing with a LF pen light and she started crying, until I gave it to her.
Now, I have to charge AAA's twice a week :eek:

No need to say my wife doesn't really enjoy but, afterall, she doesn't have the choice :D

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
With my own personal experience and the others posted here I have read, I claim Flashaholicism to be genetic.No further scientific test needed.:)

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
My 9 year old daughter likes to play "CSI" and she has a kit with all sorts of things in it and the only thing she was missing was a flashlight. I let her use my Romisen AA RG-D2 and she later ask if she could have it. She is so sweet I had to say YES and that made her whole day!

Ajay

Enlightened
I don't have any kids but I have 3 and 5 year old cousins who are showing early symptoms of flash.:crackup: I want to encourage it but they keep shining the lights in each others eyes...a little dangerous so they play with old mini mags for now.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 10 month old LOVES my lights. She plays with a McGizmo (usually the LS20, somtiems the PD-S or haiku) in the bath every night. She almost swallowed a Wee once, so no more tiny lights for a while.

dilbert

Enlightened
Great story!

My two sons, 2 and 4, are both flashaholics. Whenever they see me getting a light, they run and grab theirs to help out. If they lose a toy, the first thing they do is get their lights and start looking under the couches and tables. Oh, and they are already into mods too, they had me put a LED dropin in their 2C Thomas the Train flashlight!

bashk

Newly Enlightened
My wife recently referred to us (wife & 2 year old daughter) as a "flashlight family".

My daughter claimed two of my lights so far and my wife now has my Orb Raw.

I can't keep up with them.

Bash

blinded_by_the_light

Newly Enlightened
No children yet, but when I was younger I became a flashaholic when I tried to mod my first maglight :)

I also got into modding LED bulbs when they started getting affordable!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm going to be an Uncle soon.... again!

My nephew's favorite toy is a broom and mop set made for 3 year-olds. And he's only one and a half. He'll be getting a light from me soon enough.

My niece who hasn't been born yet, will be getting my dimmest lights when she's old enough.... Old enough not to confuse them for candy.

A Fenix E01 must be the size of a 4D Maglite in a baby's hands.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I smarted up and change my flashlight placement in my living room(out of his reach that is) my son did seem to always pick up the lights with Q5's in them with the dark rings around the hot spot.I think he likes the way that looks and always went for them first.Thats something I'm beginning to really dislike so he didn't get that from me.