What other flood-throw light options are available?

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I know there is the Hocus Focus, Led Lenser P5,6,7 and DX's X2000. What other options are there? I am close to buying the X2000 to try playing around with it as i have about a dozen 18650s lying around my home with nothing to use them on, but have been holding back bcos of the blueish tint :mecry:

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi.
The only maglites i have are single AAA versions from 20years ago. I can't really see whether there is any throw or flood from the very weak light, although I think they can focus. Can this maglite rebel flood and throw like any of the lights i mentioned?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Solarforce L2, 18650 version
Malkoff M30
Surefire beam diffuser

A great setup that can go from throw to flood (although in between settings are not possible)

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix E20
I don't own one but the p7's and mc-e's are reputed to be quite floody too.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Fenix E20
I don't own one but the p7's and mc-e's are reputed to be quite floody too.

its not really a flood to throw light like the lights i mentioned right? from what i understand from 47's website, seems like it is pre-focused.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fenix E20 focuses from flood to throw in the exact same way a maglite does. Unfocused it has a really nice floody beam.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think its a great light. The lenser's are cool, but overpriced in my opinion and I have read terrible reviews of the x2000's. However, you could also consider a drop in for a mag. You could get something cheaper like a terralux or something much higher end like a malkoff. I really like the fenix e20 though even some ppl don't. It was cheap, runs on common batteries, has a nice tint and good build and its a good compromise of brightness and runtime. I hope someday fenix released a higher end version of this light, something like a cross between the e20 and the ld20 or the tk20. Maybe call it a tke2020.....

ruriimasu

Enlightened
i checked out the flood beam. it looked horrible :sick2: i still prefer a flood beam such as the x2000's. any other brand light like it?

Power_of_the_Sun

Newly Enlightened
I know there is the Hocus Focus, Led Lenser P5,6,7 and DX's X2000. What other options are there? I am close to buying the X2000 to try playing around with it as i have about a dozen 18650s lying around my home with nothing to use them on, but have been holding back bcos of the blueish tint :mecry:

I have yet to see a better flood from a AA flashlight than LED Lenser's P14. Simply amazing. You're already familiar with Hocus Focus and P7. Well P14 is like the P7's bigger brother. Much wider flood, and greater flood to spot ratio. Throw's amazing, too. At least 430ft. Easily. I counted (actually it was 429 but I was unable to walk through the wall it was shining on) (Official product specification sheet lists effective range as 961ft)

If you are okay with a fat handle (4AA's) get the LL P14. You will not be disappointed. ( :

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Preferably X2000 3xAAA cree Q5 240 lumens coz it has a good flood to throw than any other flashlight. It's very affordable and easy on the pocket coz it's just 4 inches long.

ToneBeamer

Newly Enlightened
Preferably X2000 3xAAA cree Q5 240 lumens coz it has a good flood to throw than any other flashlight. It's very affordable and easy on the pocket coz it's just 4 inches long.

Do you have a link for that one?
Because I think the one you're referring to from DX is the C30 Flood-to-throw which has a Cree P4 and only rated at 100 lumens.
(SKU 18697)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18697

ToneBeamer

Newly Enlightened

Here's what you are looking for.
You can choose 240lm, 260lm, or 280lm. All are about the same price ($14--$17)
Some models have a red ring which lights up around the bezel.
I ordered one which arrived yesterday.
Very good quality !!
I will provide two links because I think they are the same seller.

http://shop.ebay.com/lovelycar8888/...=&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

http://shop.ebay.com/cutecar8888/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I received very fast delivery on mine.

stallion2

Enlightened
you could try this JFT...
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29385

i ordered a couple X2000's as secondary spearing lights this past fall. they perform precisely as the reviewers described...poor build quality, a floating head adjustment that won't stay put but nonetheless, still produces a useful beam and wide range of focus. i decided to order the JFT in addition because it sounded a little more promising. this one turned out to be the gem of that DX order. it also has poor build quality and a plastic lense but its still a lot brighter than my X2000s. best of all, it has a floating head adjustment that feels very secure.

jblackwood

Enlightened
I can't believe no one's mentioned Elektrolumens's EDC-MCE. It's THE light for flood-lovers. The beam is creamy smooth and it runs off of one 18650, perfect for the OP who mentioned having some spare ones lying around. :thumbsup:

stallion2

Enlightened
I can't believe no one's mentioned Elektrolumens's EDC-MCE. It's THE light for flood-lovers. The beam is creamy smooth and it runs off of one 18650, perfect for the OP who mentioned having some spare ones lying around. :thumbsup:

man, i completely forgot about that thing...nice catch!

edit: wait, i forgot...the OP is looking for flood-to-throw lights.

Last edited:

300winmag

Enlightened
I can't believe there are no good flood to throw lights out there!
LED Lenser is the closest I could find but the battery options suck.
If they could make a 250 lumen 18650 flood to throw I would be all over it!!
Sad really, I would think a perfect flood to throw would be the holy grail of lights but no one seems to have caught on...... :shrug: