gotta hand it to fenix

e-ville

Newly Enlightened
and li-ions.

i was out on a repo last week and ended up having to run a city block.

long story short i didnt realize my tk11 had fallen out of my pocket until i pulled up at a friends house.

finished out the night and went back the next morning and there it was lying in the snow, frozen to the ground. i think it was 14 degrees out that night. brushed it off and thawed it out in my pocket and it lit right up.

of course i took it apart and cleaned it when i got home too but so far this light has been through alot. and it has taken everything ive thrown at it with a smile.

dare i say they are like the glock of flashlights? not pretty, nor the best but they work when you need them and are reasonably priced?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You'll need temps down around 0F before a Li-Ion becomes unreliable, so you technically didn't even need to thaw it out :D

Running a pair of 123s, you're good down to -40F :thumbsup:

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Fenix kicks a$$! I don't care what anybody has to say.

They are of the same quality if not better at times than SF'er lights.

They put out a light for damn near every battery type, so you really can't go wrong.

Tough
Durable
Bright
Long run times
Versatile

SF is like the Glock of flashlights name recognition wise.

Fenix is the XD of lights, and I like the XD line better than what glock puts out.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix kicks a$$! I don't care what anybody has to say.

They are of the same quality if not better at times than SF'er lights.

They put out a light for damn near every battery type, so you really can't go wrong.

Tough
Durable
Bright
Long run times
Versatile

SF is like the Glock of flashlights name recognition wise.

Fenix is the XD of lights, and I like the XD line better than what glock puts out.

Exactly.

You're speaking in opinions.

I like Glock way better. WAY better.

So Surefire wins. (My 6PL is indestructible! my PD30 is fail.)

GreySave

Enlightened
Fenix does make some nice lights for the money. My stable contains a couple of Inovas, a few SureFires, a Wolf-Eyes Raider that I can configure in a numbedr of ways based upon need, a couple of Stylus Pros, a Super Tac, and now three Fenix lights.

I love the small form of the P2D and P3D (One Q5 & one Rebel). Very easy to hide in more formal attire or when at places where you would rather not have the light seen. I have not been disappointed thus far. Well worth the money.

Which do I prefer.....As I have said before, each brand and model within each brand fits a specific need based upon size, beam type, run time, etc.... Any one or more of them may be the EDC of choice on any given day depending upon so many variables.

nbp

Flashaholic
IIRC, Flint has had a lot of manufacturing lay-offs. Some would argue these jobs have gone to places like China. Irony: repo man uses product made in China while repo-ing stuff from people who have lost their jobs to Chinese companies.

I'm not making any statements about the correctness of any viewpoint or expressing any views of my own, just explaining the statement. :aaa:

Burgess

Flashaholic
2 years ago, today . . . .

I received my Fenix L2D-CE flashlight.

(with the original, "lowly" P4 bin emitter) :)

Still love it, as much as ever. :thumbsup:

Of course, i did wrap some Yellow rubber tape

around the body, for greater "grip-ability".

Amazing how long it runs, on Low Mode !

:goodjob:

_

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Exactly.

You're speaking in opinions.

I like Glock way better. WAY better.

So Surefire wins. (My 6PL is indestructible! my PD30 is fail.)
Yet you're still reppin the PD30 in your sig and your pants pocket according to another thread lol.

The PD is no fail.

Lol.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
by the way, how is the repo business? If I had to guess, I'd guess it was doing pretty well!

e-ville

Newly Enlightened
IIRC, Flint has had a lot of manufacturing lay-offs. Some would argue these jobs have gone to places like China. Irony: repo man uses product made in China while repo-ing stuff from people who have lost their jobs to Chinese companies.

I'm not making any statements about the correctness of any viewpoint or expressing any views of my own, just explaining the statement. :aaa:

lol i understand where hes coming from but GM is the one that sent the jobs to china and mexico and screwed flint, and they have been since the 70's. their supporters blame the asian car companies because they are in a sense.....ignorant.

Even if it was relevant I dont work for the GM anyways. i work for myself and the banks and dealerships pay me lol

i think its also important to remember the competing car companies are japanese.

as far as what kind of products i buy, i dont care where they are made as long as they are quality, i might even still buy a fenix if they were canadian! :huh:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Asian (Japanese) cars provided quality where American cars did not. It took about 20 years for this behavior to come home to roost; but when it did, it did so with a vengeance. And if GM ever does gain an edge on Toyota (which they could not do, except for the 90's Prizms...), it will take 20 years for them to win it back. A long time for Congress to be bailing them out.

I think (opinion only) that the Japanese have a tough fighting spirit in their business and engineering cultures; and with US taxpayers providing a safety net for GM, I don't know that GM and their unions will ever be able to achieve a comparable level of focus or quality in their products. Ever...