for the owners of the SF 10X Dominator...

_Zion_

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

maybe i wan't to buy this light,
please can you tell me if you had any problem to report with your 10X Dominator ?

thank to all,
Zion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
The 10X is the best rechargeable handheld light that I have ever owned. Its dual output levels make it a versatile as well as the brightest light around given its size and weight. Although I've only owned it since March, its nitrolon body and problem-free rechargeable B20 battery makes for a very durable light.

The only thing I noticed was during a recent run up a flight of stairs, the light kept activating intermittently... a minor issue that normally does not occur 99% of the time I carry this light (I prefer not to run stairs) Ah Hell, now that I think about it... the other thing that bothers me is that I can't find a decent holster for carrying the 10X... it's the equivalent of finding the Holy Grail.

Other than that - if you have the money to spend, it's a fantastic piece of work. I equate its full brightness to one of my 500,000 CP spotlights, but with only a third of the size.

-Jim

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had two for about a year with no major problems. The head on one was a bit loose (I think a few others had this issue). Someone on the board here has reported success with a slightly larger O ring. Specs are here, just need to search it up.

The light itself is great and has always worked fine. The ergonomics are better than I had envisioned. After a bit of use it seems perfectly "natural".

Drawbacks are:

1) lack of holster
2) you have to unscrew the head partially to put it on the charger and then screw it back in after taking it off the charger. you can't just pull it off the charger and use it. while i think i know why they did this, i still don't like it.

Good things are:

1) low beam is decent (think P60), high beam is BRIGHT
2) very good runtime on low beam
3) it's actually a very small light (pictures are somewhat misleading)
4) sturdy
5) two different lamps available for low beam
6) cost

i recommend it.

-john

Size15's

Flashaholic
I once used the 10X every night for about a month (had to recharge it each night when I got in).
I used a mixture of the MN32 110Lu high output duty beam an the highbeam - often the MN32 constant-on for about 30 minutes with highbeam use too.

I've only noticed the flashing on/off during similar "high vibration" situations like running and jumping - This can be reduced by unscrewing the bezel as much as you can but still it remains in the mode you need. I don't consider it a big deal - if you are running etc your noise is going to be greater locator.

The need for a method of carry is vital - either have a suitable pocket or retention device or a pouch. A SureFire 10X pouch has been a long time in the works.

Other than that the 10X is a fantastic all round flashlight for general use - especially outside at night.

Al

_Zion_

Newly Enlightened
thank guys!
do you think it's possible to do a trick for reduce the on/off problem whith the "hight vibration"(not the same as bob...) ?
sometimes i like to run and jump with my dog!
Zion

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't suggest you get hung up on this. John N's report is the 2nd time I've seen this raised that I've read since the 10X was first being field-tested which seems like a couple years ago by now.

You can stop this from happening by locking out the 10X so the switch does not activate the lights. A way to further reduce the chance of flashing is to disable the highbeam by locking it out.
Another way to is to carry the 10X in a pocket with a flap...

Al

_Zion_

Newly Enlightened
oh,i'ved understand the light is flickering when you run with the low beam on! not when the 1OX is off and carry!
if i understand well now,no on/off problem when the light is on?
thank,
zion

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that it matters, but Jim reported the flickering, not me.

I do have the loose head issue with on of my lights tho. I still haven't been motivated enough to go to the hardware store and get the larger O ring tho.

-john

Size15's

Flashaholic
Tim "The Prince" ?

That man will wrap me in the finest apparel if I asked him I'm sure!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif