Pocket clip for Nitecore EX10?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a pocket clip on their EX10.I'm thinking of ordering one from 4sevens and was wondering how they install and if they fit tight to pants pocket.Im not big on using a clip but for such a small and light flashlight I though it would do well.Thanks

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people feels clip is a must-have for securing to their pockets and anti-rolling assistance. And some simply hate it. Some would prefer lanyard and some prefer without anything attached. So it boils down to your needs. I got a clip that comes with my Ti EX10, fits any of my jeans pocket except the coin one of course.

You can order from dependable 4Sevens or if you prefer a titanium version, you can get it from Unique Titanium.

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people feels clip is a must-have for securing to their pockets and anti-rolling assistance. And some simply hate it. Some would prefer lanyard and some prefer without anything attached. So it boils down to your needs.

You can order from dependable 4Sevens or if you prefer a titanium version, you can get it from Unique Titanium.

Yes but how do the 4sevens clips install on their site it looks like it screws down.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people feels clip is a must-have for securing to their pockets and anti-rolling assistance. And some simply hate it. Some would prefer lanyard and some prefer without anything attached. So it boils down to your needs. I got a clip that comes with my Ti EX10, fits any of my jeans pocket except the coin one of course.

Hate to double post but Zeruel I also seen that Ti Bezel at Unique Titanium thanks for that,and I was also wondering how hard is it to remove the bezel from a EX10 and put the Ti bezel on..Thanks

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please see the thread for Ti EX10 post #183. Hope that answers your query.
As for removing the bezel, some stocks are harder to remove than others, mine is of the former. Helpful CPFers suggested placing the bezel down onto the underside of a mouse pad or tennis shoe, and twist it loose. After which, everything else (lens, o-ring, reflector, emitter) can just be poured out.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem.:D Hope you enjoy your EX10, i know I do.

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Zuruel I just finished reading that post and I would have been in your same shoes I'm sure,thats why I'm asking ahead of time.BTW did you get yours off?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Zuruel I just finished reading that post and I would have been in your same shoes I'm sure,thats why I'm asking ahead of time.BTW did you get yours off?

Oh yeah! I had to keep twisting onto the mouse pad more like 10 times over before it came loose. After that, it's a piece of cake whenever I just want to change anything.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah! I had to keep twisting onto the mouse pad more like 10 times over before it came loose. After that, it's a piece of cake whenever I just want to change anything.

I couldn't help but giggle a bit during that post everyone was like aww wow look at my mod EX its so great..and you was like umm the bezel folks..hello the bezel please..like I said I would have been no different,probably worse i have no mod skills..anyway dang it looks like the Ti guy only takes paypal and all I have is credit card. BTW glad you was succesfull

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't help but giggle a bit during that post everyone was like aww wow look at my mod EX its so great..and you was like umm the bezel folks..hello the bezel please..like I said I would have been no different,probably worse i have no mod skills..anyway dang it looks like the Ti guy only takes paypal and all I have is credit card. BTW glad you was succesfull

Yeah, but I became one of them when I got my Ti body, check out my quick pics in the thread to show its waterproofness. :nana:

You can register for Paypal if you have credit card. Trust me...YOU NEED PAYPAL here. :paypal: :paypal: :paypal: :paypal: :paypal:

litetube

Enlightened
You will really like the EX10 . The pocket clip is a good decision. It does its obvious job but also gives a bit more to hold onto while manipulating the light. It holds to the pocket fairly well but the light goes in and comes out pretty easy. I do sometimes worry a bit that it could get caught on something and get hooked out (this has happened on a cpl folding knives to me) but it hasnt happened yet .
I dont think the clip at Unique Ti is Titanium. It appears to be the standard one and at that price this would make sense . For it to be Ti I would expect the price to be more like $30 minimum.

The Ti Bezel is cool and worth the money :devil:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will really like the EX10 . The pocket clip is a good decision. It does its obvious job but also gives a bit more to hold onto while manipulating the light. It holds to the pocket fairly well but the light goes in and comes out pretty easy. I do sometimes worry a bit that it could get caught on something and get hooked out (this has happened on a cpl folding knives to me) but it hasnt happened yet .
I dont think the clip at Unique Ti is Titanium. It appears to be the standard one and at that price this would make sense . For it to be Ti I would expect the price to be more like $30 minimum.

The Ti Bezel is cool and worth the money :devil:

The clip something more to hold on to is exactly what I was thinking about,I always carry my SF E1L in my pocket and never use the clip but like the clip just as something more to help my hold on it.With the EX I'm also thinking I will attach the lanyard something I never do,just for added weight to stay in pocket,more to hold on to and being able to feel it in my pocket.I just went to 4sevens and ordered a EX R2 it says their suppose to release(ship) today I hope thats still the plan.

oldpal

Enlightened
Does anyone have a pocket clip on their EX10.I'm thinking of ordering one from 4sevens and was wondering how they install and if they fit tight to pants pocket.Im not big on using a clip but for such a small and light flashlight I though it would do well.Thanks

I have installed clips on both of my D10 and EX10 lights. The clip installs with two screws and a curved, tapped piece of metal. The lights have holes for the screws. It takes a bit of patience to install, but if I can do two of them anyone can do it. You will need to press the clip against the light to get the screws in, but this causes the clip to exert pressure on the screws like a lock washer. A little Loctite Blue will help as well. BTW, use the code SPDCLIP at 4Sevens for a $3.50 discount. I like the clips and they fit great in my jeans. :thumbsup:

Hugh

snakyjake

Enlightened
It's a good high quality clip, and well designed. It does take some patience to get it installed though.

Instead of having the light buried deep in my pocket, I like having my light ride high on my pocket. Sometimes I have dirty hands and don't like reaching into my pants to get my light. Kinda reminds me of carrying a pocket knife on a clip attached to a pocket. Nice anti-roll too. The only negative about a clip is how it fits into your hand. Never understood why anyone would want a lanyard.

But, I like having a light that has options.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh... I assumed all stuff at Unique Ti is titanium with the exception of the lights. Can anyone confirm this? :duh2:
In any case, the clip that comes with my Ti body is definitely titanium :twothumbs

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Oh... I assumed all stuff at Unique Ti is titanium with the exception of the lights. Can anyone confirm this? :duh2:
In any case, the clip that comes with my Ti body is definitely titanium :twothumbs
The trit milled pistons and the clips are the same as those at 4 sevens and are not titanium. The clip on the Ti EX10 is not as stiff as the regular clip but does not protrude as much making for a more compact package. Btw I´ve found that a torx T6 fits the standard NiteCore clip screws nice and tight allowing good screw tightning.

Last edited:

litetube

Enlightened
As Snakeman stated T6 works well. Many have complained that the supplied allen wrench is inadequate and is actually not the correct size and chews up the screw heads. Be careful when installing and take your time and if the supplied wrench is giving you a hard time stop and get a T6 if you have one available so you dont do a number on the screws.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Snakeman stated T6 works well. Many have complained that the supplied allen wrench is inadequate and is actually not the correct size and chews up the screw heads. Be careful when installing and take your time and if the supplied wrench is giving you a hard time stop and get a T6 if you have one available so you dont do a number on the screws.
Actually, it's been said that it's not the screws that get stripped, but the cheap wrench. :huh:

yuk

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed this photo of this beauuutiful EX10 clip on 4sevens.pl site. Anyone knows who make these???

25u15cm.jpg