crazy SF story

dcycleman

Enlightened
So a month and a half ago I lost my single mode E2L out of my truck when I got out to de ice the wipers during a snowstorm. By th time I had realized it was gone the plows had already gone out so I had written the light off.I had since got a new dual mode. Yesterday I stopped in the same lot that I did that night and my old E2L was sticking out of a half melted snow bank!!!! It didnt work when I tried it so I took it home, washed the caked on ice and mud off, put in new batteries and it is like new except for the mangled clip and a couple scuffs where the plow smashed it. its crazy I found it never mind that it works! SF ROCKS!

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! Good for you. Send your story to SF and get a chance to win $100!

and +1 on pics :)

mwaldron

Enlightened
That's awesome that you found your E2L!

I lost my SF L2 in a similar way in mud banks at the shooting range. Several weeks later my friend's GF found it sticking out of the mud. It had survived the lawn mower pushing it deeper and deeper. The blades never hit it. I was really happy to get it back so I understand where you're at!

I soaked it in hot water for a while to get all the mud off and although I've moved to carrying A2's I still carry it in my coat pocket all throughout the winter. It certainly looks used but it's in good shape.

That was my first SF, I had bought it at a deep discount and I wanted to try to understand what could possibly make a flashlight worth $200. (This happened shortly before I joined CPF, iirc).

I do have to say though I once lost a 2xAA mag for a winter when the dog carried it outside in October. I found it the next summer when I was mowing the lawn. I wish I still had it for pics, but when it came in (and got the same soak in hot water treatment) it had lost almost all the anodize but still worked after the soak. It was no longer a work of art. I can't even remember what I did with it...

dcycleman

Enlightened
1000253.th.jpg

dcycleman

Enlightened
hey, if I got a new 130 lumen head for that, would it throw like a defender or would it be like the L4???