Surefire 6P vs. 6PL question.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Seems like a redonkulous question but...

The Surefire 6P-LED is backwards compatible with all the incan P60. P61 drop-in's too right? I mean, I could drop a Malkoff in there also right? The only reason I ask is that I would normally just go for the 6P, but I've found the 6PL even cheaper for some reason....

saltytri

Enlightened
They are the same except for the drop-in. If the 6PL is cheaper get it. And PM me so I'll know where to get a cheap one, too! :thumbsup:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Physically yes the hosts are backward compatible. You'll need to make sure you use the right cells for the spec'd Vin for your chosen module however.

For example... using 2xRCR123 (8.4V) will work fine with the P60L but it will :poof: a P60.

Last edited:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I'd like to know the source too. :wave:

Well, most of you in the states will probably still be able to score the 6P cheaper than the 6PL--so it probably isn't a great deal for any of you! :)

It just happens that the price I found from a dealer that will actually ship to Canada is cheaper than others for a 6P+shipping from other dealers.

I mean, here at a retail outlet (R.Nicholls), it's like $100+ for the 6PL.... Likely somewhat a fair price, since it's listed at $89USD on Surefire's website.

I'm likely not going to use the P60L unit that came with it -- it'll be switched for a M60 down the road.

manoloco

Enlightened
Well, most of you in the states will probably still be able to score the 6P cheaper than the 6PL--so it probably isn't a great deal for any of you! :)

It just happens that the price I found from a dealer that will actually ship to Canada is cheaper than others for a 6P+shipping from other dealers.

I mean, here at a retail outlet (R.Nicholls), it's like $100+ for the 6PL.... Likely somewhat a fair price, since it's listed at $89USD on Surefire's website.

I'm likely not going to use the P60L unit that came with it -- it'll be switched for a M60 down the road.

ouch, i think you should check out the CPF marketplace pronto!

foxtrot29

Enlightened
ouch, i think you should check out the CPF marketplace pronto!

Oh, no worries! Other than the very first Surefire (and I guess first real light I ever purchased) way back in I think around 1999-2000 -- which was a G2, I've never paid more than Surefire's website list price for any new light, in fact, I have almost always paid far less, being patient with ebay auctions, and shopping around online for the best deal.

I think I paid about $90 for that G2 back then.... lol. And I was still super impressed by it, considering beforehand it was always a 3D mag incan....

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Oh, no worries! Other than the very first Surefire (and I guess first real light I ever purchased) way back in I think around 1999-2000 -- which was a G2, I've never paid more than Surefire's website list price for any new light, in fact, I have almost always paid far less, being patient with ebay auctions, and shopping around online for the best deal.

I think I paid about $90 for that G2 back then.... lol. And I was still super impressed by it, considering beforehand it was always a 3D mag incan....

HA! I just called R.Nicholls to confirm (this is one of the few retailers that sell Surefires here, and is probably most used be LEO's in Ontario)

$109CAN for the 6PL (About $86USD)
$74.95CAN for the 6P (About $59.16USD)

OUCH, but still under Surefire's website list price... But you can add 13% tax to those above prices before you're getting the final deal.

Last edited:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Sorry all! I didn't post the source because it was an Ebay auction, and didn't need more competition! I'm sure everyone understands :nana:

Either way, it ended in a Surefire 6PL brand new in blister pack for $57USD. +$5(Shipping).

Not bad!

saltytri

Enlightened
Cool! That's a good buy and you have some money left over for the Malkoff. Those things are really sweet, so don't put it off.

manoloco

Enlightened
Sorry all! I didn't post the source because it was an Ebay auction, and didn't need more competition! I'm sure everyone understands :nana:

Either way, it ended in a Surefire 6PL brand new in blister pack for $57USD. +$5(Shipping).

Not bad!

:thumbsup:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Cool! That's a good buy and you have some money left over for the Malkoff. Those things are really sweet, so don't put it off.

I know, I want one, but I'll have to hold off for a week or two, so the wife doesn't kill me. It'll cost me $55US + $20shipping from gene.... So, it'll be close to $100CAN by the time I'm done. Dang, it's gonna cost me more that the 6PL I just bought!

seaside

Enlightened
I know, I want one, but I'll have to hold off for a week or two, so the wife doesn't kill me. It'll cost me $55US + $20shipping from gene.... So, it'll be close to $100CAN by the time I'm done. Dang, it's gonna cost me more that the 6PL I just bought!

Yeah, flashlight really costs. You must keep low profile, spread spending, so that your "her majesty" won't hurt you. Anyway, that's what I do too. :p

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I didn't know any better, I bought an SF E2L at MSRP, but then again, I got like 20 free batteries. :rolleyes: I ended up selling it for a lot less. From that point forward, I started shopping at CPFM and eBay. Unless there's a particular light that I really want and cannot wait an extra 3 months for the market-leaders to buy them, play with them, and then sell them at a reduced cost, then I'll get it at whatever price the market is asking.