How do you normally carry your EDC light(s)?

How do you normally carry your EDC light(s)?

• Front pants pocket

Votes: 157 67.7%
  • Back pants pocket

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Shirt pocket

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Jacket pocket

Votes: 45 19.4%
  • Belt holster

Votes: 60 25.9%
  • Clipped to belt

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Pack or purse

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Neck lanyard

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Keychain

Votes: 57 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Just curious how people like to carry their EDC light(s).

I normally carry a couple of lights in my front pants pockets (currently a McGizmo Sundrop and a McGizmo LunaSol 20) with backups on my keychain (currently a modamag Draco) and a neck lanyard (Photon Freedom Micro). If I have my jacket or a pack with me I usually have a couple of larger lights (currently my Surefire E2DL) with spare batteries in them.

How do you like to carry your EDC(s)?

KIRWILLE

Newly Enlightened

I normally carry a couple of lights in my front pants pockets (currently a McGizmo Sundrop and a McGizmo LunaSol 20) with backups on my keychain (currently a modamag Draco) and a neck lanyard (Photon Freedom Micro). If I have my jacket or a pack with me I usually have a couple of larger lights (currently my Surefire E2DL) with spare batteries in them.

Man, thats alot of lights for everyday carry.
I just carry one light for edc ( ARC6 ) in my front pocket.

It's a different story while I'm deer hunting. I always have one on my belt, one in my pocket, one on a lanyard around my neck and a few in my truck in case I have to do some tracking.

donn_

Flashaholic
"Other"...clipped to my bibs on a Zinger:

IMGP2640.jpg

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since, I often carry 3 lights, I carry them each in different place. Keys with my LD01 in my topcoat pocket, LF3XT in my shirt pocket on a lanyard, and a McGizmo SunDrop in a labcoat pocket.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have my P3D on my belt.I carry a CL1H in one pocket of my jacket and a Raidfire Spear clone in the other.Since my car is always near me I consider the POB in the trunk an EDC.Also considering carrying a LDO1 on a neck lanyard.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
The light I always edc is the E2DL via a v20 belt holster, and sometimes an E1B clipped to my pocket too.:D

blinded_by_the_light

Newly Enlightened

OMG mad jealous of your gear list!

I just started collecting, I carry it in my hand at all times.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
During the week, a Fenix E01 is clipped to a Nite-Ize #1 S-biner, which is clipped to my key chain and kept in my left front pocket.

A modified Dorcy Super 1 watt rides shotgun in my laptop bag.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, thats alot of lights for everyday carry.
I just carry one light for edc ( ARC6 ) in my front pocket.

Are you kidding???:huh: I would be willing to bet that the majority of us carry AT LEAST 3 lights on us. I carry lights on me in four locations:two belt holsters, keychain, front pocket clipped, and right leg pocket. Three of the four locations are on rotation. The keychain always holds my NiteCore EX10GD.

I now generally carry (current rotation): McGizmo LS20, Haiku, Sundrop; Milky Gotham, Seouled-HDS U60GT, U2by2; Mr. Bulk Dragonheart; Surefire M6, E2DL, A2-WH, E1B, E2e. Each takes turns in my two belt holsters, clipped to my front pockets, or in the right side leg pocket of my jeans.

Two is one and one is none.:)

Last edited:

cfromc

Enlightened
Jacket pocket if wearing a jacket, side pocket if wearing carpenter jeans, belt clip if neither of the above. Occasionally one in jacket and one in pocket or on belt.

OceanView

Enlightened
Unfortunately, being able to vote only for one option is only going to tell half the story for many/most of us. I voted "belt holster" for my HDS, but I also always have my Photon II on my keys. I mean, c'mon, "one is none," right? :D

Edit: Oops, my bad about the multiple choices.

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clipped to left front pocket always.

Either with the clip; C2, U2 or HDS or using a Surefire or McGizmo small clip like the one on the E1L's clip below:

IMG_4712.jpg

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Unfortunately, being able to vote only for one option is only going to tell half the story for many/most of us. I voted "belt holster" for my HDS, but I also always have my Photon II on my keys. I mean, c'mon, "one is none," right? :D

What? The poll is setup so you could vote for several. :confused:

I know I personally voted for 5 out of the ones I listed: Front pants pocket, Jacket pocket, Pack or purse, Neck lanyard and Keychain... :shrug:

Last edited:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
four or so lights in my EDC bag (usually an E2DL, E2L, glo-toob & petzl e+lite)

ra twisty or e1b in my vest or jacket pocket (whichever is not is also in my EDC bag :green: )

arc-aaa GS on my keys

:D

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
An Arc or Peak 1AAA backup light rides in my pants watch pocket.

A 1AA or 1CR123A light is in my back pocket, suspended by a paracord lanyard tucked under my belt (the lanyard keeps it vertical). A larger light is sometimes carried in a belt case instead of the back pocket.

A fauxton type keychain is attached to the zipper on each jacket.

light-hang1.jpg

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC my Heliotek HTE-1A on my belt holster. It looks very cool when holstered, almost looks like a weapon.:devil:

I used to EDC my SF A2 and Pila GL3 in my front pants pocket, but they tend to have hardened/sharp edges that ate holes in my pocket. Interestingly enough my PentagonLight L2 doesn't make any holes, and so far I am VERY happy carrying it as a backup to the Heliotek.