When the TITAN T1A does finally arrive....

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope that Surefire uses the latest available SSC emitter in the Titan T1A- at least a premium U2 bin. With the unbelievable long wait since it was "announced", it would be awsome if they introduced it with a V bin. But then again - by the time it finally does arrive - V bin SSC emmitters may be old news.

I wonder if they are having problems with it or something. The circuit has been available in the titanium Titan. You would think that they only need to adapt it to a larger aluminum body which should be easier than going to a smaller body. Unless they are making changes to the circuit or something. I thought that since a major chain like Cabelas listed the Titan for sale that it's release was just around the corner - oh well.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope that Surefire uses the latest available SSC emitter in the Titan
T1A- at least a premium U2 bin.
crackup.gif

With the unbelievable long wait since it was "announced", it would be awsome if they introduced it with a V bin.
crackup.gif

I wonder if they are having problems with it or something. The circuit has been available in the titanium Titan.
crackup.gif

You would think that they only need to adapt it to a larger aluminum body which should be easier than going to a smaller body. Unless they are making changes to the circuit or something.
crackup.gif

I thought that since a major chain like Cabelas listed the Titan for sale that it's release was just around the corner - oh well.
crackup.gif

Sorry just a bit of fun at your expense.

Bill

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe someone will call and ask. The delay may be just a matter of building up enough stock for all the dealers. :shrug: I hope it's brighter than the advertised 70 lumens. :popcorn:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if they are having problems with it or something. The circuit has been available in the titanium Titan. You would think that they only need to adapt it to a larger aluminum body which should be easier than going to a smaller body. Unless they are making changes to the circuit or something.

The titanium lights were hand made one by one and had several reliability problems. In some reported cases the lights sent back for repairs returned to the owners with other problems.

It is likely that at SF they are encountering some difficulties in industrializing the manufacturing process. Designing a product is one thing but manufacturing it efficiently is a totally different story.

neoseikan

Enlightened
The titanium lights were hand made one by one and had several reliability problems. In some reported cases the lights sent back for repairs returned to the owners with other problems.

It is likely that at SF they are encountering some difficulties in industrializing the manufacturing process. Designing a product is one thing but manufacturing it efficiently is a totally different story.

Exactly right. I always have a lot of new idea, but can not even produce prototypes for them.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Kilovolt. I was thinking that what you stated might be the reason why it is taking so long to get the light to market. I sure hope they do it right.

Funny thing is I was not even interested in the original prototype T1A (which was just a larger version of the titanium light). I never liked the large movable tail connector on the original version. It made the light a lot larger than needed and looked ugly IMO. A simple change to the tail design made the difference. I do know some poeple will complain that it cannot tail stand but I think it is ok. The T1A actually looks a bit like a fatter Liteflux 2X which I have and like a lot.