Saved a life tonight with my light!

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
I saw her huddled under the large bench in front of my shop. It was 12 degrees and snowing like crazy and I am pretty sure she would have frozen to death if I hadn't spotted her when I did as she was obviously sleeping. I was just there to grab some paperwork I had forgotten in my shop when I spotted her by accident while playing with my new Leatherman Serac S2 (nice light by the way). So of course I woke her up and took her back to her home.....the chicken coop! :laughing: Yes, it was only a stray hen I saved tonight, but still made me happy to do it. I have about 25 chickens and they normally return to their nice warm coop each evening, but every once in a while one gets side tracked around the farm and the sun goes down and they decide to stay wherever they happen to be. Anyway, just glad I came along when I did, for once goofing off with my lights paid off (at least from the chicken's point of view)!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a couple lights to save a kitten back in November. He's now a member of the family.

That's awesome! 3 out of 5 of my cats were strays, (1 was pregnant) no flashlight rescues with them, but my mom leaves food in our garage for strays and we have also have a (strong) dog who likes to chase the strays, so going out with a light before taking her out kinda saves their lives (and my shoulder if she's on a leash).

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Well, we did have several extra roosters a few weeks back, so....I've been eating a lot of chicken salad lately:grin2: