Rebel LED lights

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you name a few flashlights that use the Rebel LED that you would consider budget lights. I just bought a Princeton Tec EOS II and really like the Rebel LED tint. Is there any 100 lumens and up.I don't want to spend alot on one though. Thanks

europachris

Newly Enlightened
River Rock Nightfire 2xAA light is really nice - adjustable focus, well made. 60 lumens, tho, but it's plenty. Available at Target for $20.

The new Maglites have Rebels (threads elsewhere on the board) and I'd call them budget lights compared to many others.

Chris

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supposedly the new magled line, or at least the mini-mag. Can't say I've confirmed this myself though.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really am looking for a different LED type like the Rebel tint in the EOS and with no black rings around the hot spot.I don't wanna limit myself to the Rebel if you know something else similar.I would prefer the light use CR123 and small enough for EDC.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenix P3D rebel 100 has a great throw, well defined hotspot, nice sidespill and excellent color rendition. Best of all, it has absolutely no dark ring. Definitely better than the Q5. It might not be exactely a ''budget'' light but it worth every dollar spent. It sometimes shows in the Marketplace for about 50$...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I unfortunately just got my new P3D about 4 days ago, however I bought the Q5R2.I didn't know my eyes would enjoy a Rebel so well.So much for brightest is best cause its not.

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly small, but a great value for $30 (or $20 at Sears for a limited time), Mag Rebel 2D:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03493586000P

a_53.jpg

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights using a Cree with a -5A tint would be to your liking.
Which Cree do not have dark rings and how can I find out if a light has a -5A. I just bought a ordered a LumaPower LM33(303) with the Seoul P4.I hope it will be close and give me an even better idea of what LED I do prefer.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think there are some Fenix lights that are still in Rebel.

I got a MJP Extreme III AAA light that's rebel led, but it's fairly expensive if you purchase it new.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Which Cree do not have dark rings and how can I find out if a light has a -5A. I just bought a ordered a LumaPower LM33(303) with the Seoul P4.I hope it will be close and give me an even better idea of what LED I do prefer.

Lights advertised as having "warm" or "neutral" tints are what you will be looking for.

Beamshots of various lights will tell you of their beam pattern. However, in real use you rarely notice those slight imperfections when not white-wall hunting. Even the ugliest LED lights of today are leaps and bounds better than the cheap incan junk people have used for decades.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamshots of various lights will tell you of their beam pattern. However, in real use you rarely notice those slight imperfections when not white-wall hunting. Even the ugliest LED lights of today are leaps and bounds better than the cheap incan junk people have used for decades.
Maybe I've become a beam snob, but I really DO notice those ringy imperfections in real use. I've even returned a few lights because I found the typical Cree LED 'big black halo around the hot spot' too distracting for my nightly walk.

So I understand jhc37013's desire to find more lights with that pleasing smooth beam profile which Rebel LEDs seem to produce so easily.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights advertised as having "warm" or "neutral" tints are what you will be looking for.

Thanks anymore suggestions on lights, no Fenix please I have a few and like them alot but I'm just about over forward clickys. I wish I had the TK11 tailcap type on my P3D. Like I said I just ordered a LP M33 with the P4 and have about $40 more to spend for what I would call a self experiment. Thanks again

Marduke

Flashaholic