led in blue able to focus?

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
led in blue able to focus?

I was showing a friend (yes, I have one) some of my collection of led lights (of those, I have many). He expressed interest in my m!n!-mag with madmax and McFlood.

He asked me if any of the leds come in blue... I guess they could, I replied.

He asked if they would be able to focus from the flood to a spot like the regular m!n!-mags...I told him that there may be something like that available, but certianly not as bright as the "sammich."

He works in helicopters and specifically requested a blue light. I'm not sure exactly why... I'll have to ask. I told and showed him how great the McFlood is, and that most leds will naturally give a nice flood--he still requested one that can focus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

So help me out, does anyone know of a factory job or some mod that can come in blue and be focused?

Thanks
-Jason

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: led in blue able to focus?

I think you can get a Mad Max in blue but, as you've stated not focusable. It could be the best solution though. I don't think I've seen anything focusable in Min!-Mag size for LEDs.

I think it would be a Modder that would have to do this one. I would think if it were a reasonable possibility they would have already done it. I've wondered if Mr. Bulk would build a Space Needle II with a 5W Royal Blue but I haven't asked him.

If he did it would be incredibly bright and most likely be too bright for your friend's purposes.

Focusable 1W RB? If you find one please post. I like blue for lots of reasons.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Um, does it have to be MiniMag size? If not, there is a 5 watt CYAN, 2 D Mag mod. It takes 6 AA, like a Megaclops, although, I bet this is a HD, since it was built by Master Lightsmith MR Bulk. It is focusable, and CYAN is blue-ish, and the case is blue. If I was working, I would get it.

It is in B/S/T, here.

Isn't CYAN the brightest of the luxeons?

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
I think you can get a Mad Max in blue but, as you've stated not focusable... I don't think I've seen anything focusable in Min!-Mag size for LEDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a nice response and when I went to post there was nothing there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyways
Blue--he "plays" with the helicopters at Ft. Hood and says the blue works with the optics.
Focus-- wouldn't we all love both great throw with hotspot and good up close flood?
M!n!-mag size-- it fits all his equpiment.

I swear that a few months ago I had heard that there was a 1 watt that retained use of the reflector. I'm about ready to give up and tell him to either get a blue Madmax or an Inova.

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good news everybody...

Based on someone's recomendations, I'm experimenting with the stock m!n!-mag reflector. I've bored it out and reduced the seat.

Still tweaking, but I've got a pretty good spot and an okay flood with just a turn or two. I'll play with it some more and based on my findings I'll show it to my friend.

I'll see what he thinks about just using a blue filter instead of a whole new Dat2zip drop-in.

thanks guys,
Jason